Viaduct & Station Hotel, Wicker. When Did they Close?

Has anyone any Idea what years the Viaduct & The Station Hotel public houses in the Wicker closed

Has anyone any Idea what years the Viaduct & The Station Hotel public houses in the Wicker closed

------------------

Hi Lazarus, at a stab i'd say 5/8 year, Duggy and Wilf owned it

Duggy has now passed away about 3.4 year ago.

The Viaduct roughly closed 2002 due to what Iv been told to drug dealing. The Station I would say early 1990s , I used to drink down the Wicker now and again in the early 2000s I don't recall it been open at that time.

------------------

Hi Lazarus, at a stab i'd say 5/8 year, Duggy and Wilf owned it

Duggy has now passed away about 3.4 year ago.

Duggy used to be a regular in the other Station (next door to Attercliffe Road Post Office) when Wilf was working behind the bar. That must be ten year ago and I'm sure it was after he left the Viaduct.

It seems a long time since he had the Albert with Beryl. Some good nights in there.

This thread brought back memories for me.I can remember Dougie and Beryl doing their training at the Penny Black in Pond St before taking their first pub The Albert opposite the City Hall.

This was about 1972/73.

Duggy used to be a regular in the other Station (next door to Attercliffe Road Post Office) when Wilf was working behind the bar. That must be ten year ago and I'm sure it was after he left the Viaduct.

It seems a long time since he had the Albert with Beryl. Some good nights in there.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6171792048826045809

Hiya Jim, I enjoyed drinking down cliffe, only pub open is Carlton bottom

of Staniforth Rd and Attercliffe Liberal Workingmans Club.

I enclose this picture of the Station pub on Attercliffe Rd, i use to pop in

now and again was a very small place, i remember this guy Wilf working

behind the bar. Good days down Cliffe. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is a link to a picturesheffield.com photo of the Station Hotel that will bring back a few memories; it was taken in 1981. This photo was taken in 1985 and shows the pub boarded up - perhaps this is when it closed, albeit temporarily. According to the write-up for this 1980 photo the pub was haunted..:o

Edited by hillsbro

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6171792048826045809

Hiya Jim, I enjoyed drinking down cliffe, only pub open is Carlton bottom

of Staniforth Rd and Attercliffe Liberal Workingmans Club.

I enclose this picture of the Station pub on Attercliffe Rd, i use to pop in

now and again was a very small place, i remember this guy Wilf working

behind the bar. Good days down Cliffe. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Station pub is open as a pub, my mate owns it and has rented it out to someone.

My family drunk down wicker they was sometimes in station n the big gun n also tap and barrel do the names aitken and fletcher ring a bell to anyone

The Station pub is open as a pub, my mate owns it and has rented it out to someone.

---------------

Hi Mafya, Thats intresting i certainty wern't expecting that news,

what beer are they selling whats prices. Cheers :|

The one Wicker pub I never set foot in :o I don't recall it been open when drinking down their. Any ideas when it closed and what was it like inside its now used as a food outlet?

I am not sure when it closed but I had my first drink in there when I was about 16 years old. I think the people that had it back then around 1972/3 were Ted & Rose a real odd ball couple ! It was an ok kind of pub with a full size snooker table in the back which we played on regularly. It had rooms for rent upstairs so there always different tradesmen that stayed there that were working in Sheffield.