Denneville battle

hi

i am looking for a mr geoffrey goodman who is the only survivor of the ww11 battle in denneville Normandy.Eight men died and geoffry survived.My grandand was one of the men that died.i would like any info on this subject,my mother would like to visit her dads grave.His name was Ernest miller from Heeley.

thanks

Sent you a pm

Hi Wraggy. Hope you are still using the Forum. I joined yesterday to send you a message. A long shot after all these years, I know. I am Geoffrey Goodman's daughter. Dad died in September. We visited Denneville (we have been many times) as a family only this weekend. It was the anniversary of the incident in which Ernest Miller and his companions lost their lives, and my dad was so badly wounded. It was a bit of a pilgrimage for us as dad always felt he had lost a part of himself (indeed he did lose a leg!) there. We will always have affection for the people there - they honour the dead soldiers every year in June and November, and there are always fresh plants on their graves. We brought back a tub of Denneville soil to place on dad's grave. We have photos and lots of information to share if you are still looking for it. Here's hoping someone will see thisost and send it on to the right place. With my kind regards, Janine.

Hello Janine

Sorry to hear of your Father's death, may he rest in peace.

My Great Uncle, Percy Hoper Whitehead died in this incident. You mentioned that you have photos and information to share. I would really appreciate if you could forward these to me.

Best regards

Carl