Myers Grove Comp in the 60s

Dubberly wasn´t a PE teacher. He was an english teacher who played rugby.

He was a bully he was MR Dudley

He was a bully he was MR Dudley

Strange, I also seem to remember his name being Dubberly ...

Dudley or dubley all the same,by the way Dudley or dubley if you are reading this give me a shout so as I can poke my finger in your chest

I was there from 1966-70, year tutor was Stuart Furniss, Wiilie Hill was upper school head and I think the lower school head was called Sanderson. There was Mr&Mrs Blaby who taught history and I think French, Mr Short English, Mr Marsh general science, Mr Wardle taught RE, we knew him as pick lick roll and flick. Sports was Mr Snell and Mr Smith and Mr Burgin, wood work Mr Denton, sadly I spent a lot of my last year fishing as I couldn't wait to leave. I did get excluded for a short time for blowing the boys toilet up after a chemistry lesson.

Pick stick was Willie watson that taught RE Wardle taught english

Pick stick was Willie watson that taught RE Wardle taught english

Pick, lick, roll and flick definitely wasn't Wardle! The owner of this unfortunate handle was a monkey like creature in a black cape who's name escapes me!

Pick, lick, roll and flick definitely wasn't Wardle! The owner of this unfortunate handle was a monkey like creature in a black cape who's name escapes me!

If memory serves me pick,lick roll and flick was an R.E. teacher called Mr Wharton

If memory serves me pick,lick roll and flick was an R.E. teacher called Mr Wharton

You are absolutely right. Well done that man! Wharton, definitely Warton!

I was there until 1988 , me snell a great teacher x

Mr Barton history teacher gave me a passion for history that has stayed with me and has been an important part of my life. His lessons were an absolute joy to me we pioneered the brand new history syllabus covering modern history 1840-1964 he covered the holocaust,SS,nazi and communist issues with full honesty and disclosure whilst being sensitive and respectful. I think of him often and thank him once again

Mr Furness was brilliant I was there 1966/1970

Mr Furness was brilliant I was there 1966/1970

Sorry furniss was a con man yold my parents i was good at tennis so he could flog them a tennis raquet. I was rubbish

I was at st georges school in 1957ish until 1964, then went to myers grove until 1968. Was just wandering if anyone remembers me or my brothers I'm John Ford, brothers were Trevor and Glyn. Would love to hear from some old classmates arc please contact johnjfford@gmail.com thanks