St Patricks and St Peters schools 50s 60s 70s

Hello again yes I often think about my time at St. Peter's and wonder what's happened to people!

The only one I see occasionally is Marie keogh who was my friend at school

Regards Anne

I occasionally see Marie Wojcik, she is an Aunt to 2 of my grandsons.

Better late than never, I went 66 to 71, I remember Mcnerny, great history teacher, Jed Pearson, miss Kerrigan music mmmm. Mr Anyon Science, Mr Dodds art and Im sure more if I cared to waste more brain cells, just about remember everyone in class 1A too, say hello if you wish, Mick Brennan :)

---------- Post added 16-03-2017 at 15:39 ----------

how are the Touheys ????

Hi a few of us who are going to be 60 next and went to st pats have linked up on facebook and are thinking about organising a reunion. Anyo ne on here who wpuld be interested?

Anyone go to St.Pats in the early 1950s??? Probably not many of us left!!!!!

Hi a few of us who are going to be 60 next and went to st pats have linked up on facebook and are thinking about organising a reunion. Anyo ne on here who wpuld be interested?

Hya Karen, got in, I had to register first, shall I post as well.

Tony.

---------- Post added 04-07-2018 at 23:39 ----------

A few of us who left St.Pats in 1970 are trying to arrange a reunion, is there anybody out there interested in joining us?

Edited by sladeboy

Tell him Mick Brown was asking about him. glad to hear he`s doing OK.

Are you the Mick Brown whose Mum taught at st pats.

I went to St. Patrick's and St. Peter's.

I will be sixty in October so probably know you.

I'm not on facebook but my wife is, maybe you could send facebook page details so she can check it out.

Regards,

Paul T.

I went to St. Patrick's and St. Peter's.

I will be sixty in October so probably know you.

I'm not on facebook but my wife is, maybe you could send facebook page details so she can check it out.

Regards,

Paul T.[/quote

Hi Paul

I think i have an idea who you are and alreadyhad thought of a way to get in touch through the knights family or via your wife as i work in housing. Thats if you are the paul im thinking of. My mmaiden name was karen parkin. Im not sure how to put it on fb but i am on there as karen O'Halloran. Anthony o'nion is trying to contact people too.

Hi Paul

I think i have an idea who you are and alreadyhad thought of a way to get in touch through the knights family or via your wife as i work in housing. Thats if you are the paul im thinking of. My mmaiden name was karen parkin. Im not sure how to put it on fb but i am on there as karen O'Halloran. Anthony o'nion is trying to contact people too.

Kazpa, sent you a PM.

I was just looking at some old memories of St Peters School and then realised that they were from 2016. i wonder if anyone else is on the forum from St Peters?

Sister Josephinea was mentioned. I remember that she had cancer and died at Claremont in Sheffield about 1967. For a small lady she was certainly feisty!

I returned to the school to take a course there some years ago. It was amazing how small it seemed to be. Not at all as I remembered. Of course the playing fields had been sold off. the building looked quite sad, not as it was in our day, bustling with people, staff and pupils!

Does anyone remember the terrible winter that we had when the snow closed down the school? Many of us still trekked to the school only to be sent home again.

We were privileged to have had our own Chapel and a Catholic education. Whatever we think about religion these days it did give us all a moral code to live by!

How are we all doing, keeping safe from the virus. Has anyone caught it yet?

Who has the most grandchildren, I have 10?

I too remember the  people mentioned. I send everyone my best wishes and a big hug!!

All the best

Christine Kingham 

o