Does anybody remember Wellerman Bros

My Dad and his two brothers worked for Wellermans Jim Sorsby, his brothers were George and Brian

Bill Malkin worked for Wellermans at some point think he was a lorry driver.

Wizzlad couldn't reply privately, remember my Dad doing late night pickups when I was younger he used to take me in the van with him, sadly he passed away 20 years ago now

My dad worked for Wellerman Bros his name was Albert Naylor.

MY youngest brother also worked for W/B (James--Jimmy--Jim) WARD.

My Dad and his two brothers worked for Wellermans Jim Sorsby, his brothers were George and Brian

I remember Jim Sorsby - he used to work at wellermans base at fox's didn't he?

On 23/07/2013 at 17:38, youngbob said:

hello I served my time as an apprentice bricklayer at Wellerman Bros. and remember all the guys mentioned. My dad worked as a "ganger" for them and it was he who got me a job with the company to start three days after I had left school in July 1962 George Crowder was contracts manager at Wellermans when I first started work there. The last info I had of Ken Watson was that he was still in Kimberworth and working as a lay preacher? don't know how true this is. These quotes have conjured up many many good memories :)

---------- Post added 23-07-2013 at 16:39 ----------

I remember your dad he was a Pitsmoor lad the same as I was :)

I am an Australian now but back in 1957 I was a young secretary who worked for Mr Hedley who was the Company Secretary,  I remember there were two Mr Wilson’s one was the office manager and the other was a surveyor.  Mr Caldwell was the payroll manager and his assistant was a friend called Margaret Mullarky.  At that time we used to tender for railway bridge building jobs.

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2013 at 12:38, youngbob said:

hello I served my time as an apprentice bricklayer at Wellerman Bros. and remember all the guys mentioned. My dad worked as a "ganger" for them and it was he who got me a job with the company to start three days after I had left school in July 1962 George Crowder was contracts manager at Wellermans when I first started work there. The last info I had of Ken Watson was that he was still in Kimberworth and working as a lay preacher? don't know how true this is. These quotes have conjured up many many good memories :)

---------- Post added 23-07-2013 at 16:39 ----------

I remember your dad he was a Pitsmoor lad the same as I was :)

Would that be the same Bob Jordon who lived on Hooton Street, Pitsmoor ?