Fishing at Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet

Yes it is..............................

cheers for that pal,but going to have to wait til june to give it a try cause of the closed season

Seen a few people fishing here recently. What sort of fish does the dam hold?

were abouts is it

dragging up an old (ish) thread, does anyone know how much a day ticket costs??

regards, john

Hi John, £5 and worth every penny.

Regards

Ron P

Edited by ronaldparkin
Corrected info

I worked at the cafe there for years,and belive me that pond had the biggest perch that i have ever seen,but when the pond was taken over by pete gribbon not one was found.Where did they all go,the river me thinks.i still think that this pond had the potential to be one of the norths top carp venues,but was selfishly stocked with fish that pete like to catch.Its ok if ya like catching bits but for big carp not that good,when i worked there the biggest carp i caught before he took over was 23 lb lovely ghostie.But all these were left to die while the pond was dug out.

Hi , You are wrong on all counts.

I worked at the cafe there for years,and belive me that pond had the biggest perch that i have ever seen,but when the pond was taken over by pete gribbon not one was found.Where did they all go,the river me thinks.i still think that this pond had the potential to be one of the norths top carp venues,but was selfishly stocked with fish that pete like to catch.Its ok if ya like catching bits but for big carp not that good,when i worked there the biggest carp i caught before he took over was 23 lb lovely ghostie.But all these were left to die while the pond was dug out.

1, The Pond was dug out because it was leaking into the Hamlet.

2. The fish were caught and removed by the Environment agency.

They were transfered to one of their holding Ponds while the dam was repaired but they lost them when the pond silted over.( Including the Lovley ghosties )

3, Mr Gibbon was not responable for restocking the pond the way it is now,that was done at the request of the Members,who were fed up of catching Perch all the time.

Regards

RonP

So what is in there now? Is it worth a visit come June? I'm just getting back into fishing after a break of several years. Having looked on Google I've not found much around sheffield that inspires me. Seems for the best fishing you need to travel towards either Doncater or Nottingham (mostly looked for still waters due to close season but happy to fish anything). Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Can't believe it's ten years since I asked about a dayticket! 😳

Anyhow, I did go and had the best day's fishing ever, I had hundreds of Bream out and one very small trout!

The Bream were like clones, each one of them looked identical and around 2lbs each, They were feeding corn on the drop, It was literally a fish a cast, Can't use a keepnet though!!

Biggsy 🙂👍