Cyclist hit and run

Appalling behaviour, didn't even stop and apologise.

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.

Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & R(S)A 1984, sect 129

Edited by geared

Thankfully, the only cyclists on this forum who've admitted to cycling on the pavement, only do so when they 'think' it's safe ... meaning of course that the law doesn't apply to them. The pedallist in this article obviously was using the pavement, fully aware that it wasn't safe to do so, and that he was going to have an accident.

Completely unacceptable actions of the cyclist. No real reason I can see to be on the path, there isn't any kind of absurdly dangerous junction, it clearly isn't any kind of cycle lane, hes going much too quickly to be able to stop or react if a pedestrian steps out. The idea that he has then gobbed off at the parents is truly deplorable.

Hope the little un can shake this off.

Thankfully, the only cyclists on this forum who've admitted to cycling on the pavement, only do so when they 'think' it's safe ... meaning of course that the law doesn't apply to them. The pedallist in this article obviously was using the pavement, fully aware that it wasn't safe to do so, and that he was going to have an accident.

Just like the majority of drivers who speed "only" when they think it's safe, meaning the law of course doesn't apply to them.

Now the actions of this cyclist is inexcusable, there is a clear photo of his face so finding and catching him shouldn't be too difficult.

The frustrating thing is unlike a motor vehicle driver or rider he wont be banned from cycling for any time at all after this and unless hes jailed hell be out riding on pavements again before the day is out.

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 18:07 ----------

Just like the majority of drivers who speed "only" when they think it's safe, meaning the law of course doesn't apply to them.

You mean the majority of drivers speed or the majority of speeding drivers?

Now the actions of this cyclist is inexcusable, there is a clear photo of his face so finding and catching him shouldn't be too difficult.

Sorry ... for one moment I had a mental aberration. You are totally right.

I accidentally thought this thread was about a hit and run cyclist on the pavement, due mainly to the thread starter. Shame on the OP who posted not only the wrong link, but misleading thread title too.

This thread's about speeding drivers everybody ... don't make the same mistake as me!

Apologies.:sad:

I accidentally thought this thread was about a hit and run cyclist on the pavement, due mainly to the thread starter. Shame on the OP who posted not only the wrong link, but misleading thread title too.

This thread's about speeding drivers everybody ... don't make the same mistake as me!

Not at all.

It's just incredibly tiresome that some try to use the actions of people like the turd who was involved in the accident to attack others, banging on endlessly about "cyclists being beyond the law". Whilst simultaneously being happy to ignore, or even remain oblivious to the actions of other road users who "break the law" at will.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

Yes, sorry about that. It should read 'All drivers are Pondlife Scum' and have a link to a motorist not giving a cyclist at least 40 metres space as they overtake on a quiet road. ;)

I didn't think it would take too long for vitriol to be turned on motorists who actually had nothing at all to do with this incident but I'm impressed that it happened as soon as the 4th reply.

You mean the majority of drivers speed or the majority of speeding drivers?

I'd say the majority of drivers speed when they deem it safe to do so, just look at the motorway for example; hardly anyone drives at 70mph.

Not at all.

It's just incredibly tiresome that some try to use the actions of people like the turd who was involved in the accident to attack people others, banging on endlessly about "cyclists being beyond the law". Whilst simultaneously being happy to ignore, or even remain oblivious to the actions of other road users who "break the law" at will.

Nobody was banging on about 'cyclist being beyond the law' darling. Wind your neck in.