Excellent quality debates

You might not have heard of Christopher Hitchens and his excellent debates on various issues. If you want to hear them use your search engine to find Christopher Hitchens' debates.

Many people have been "Hitchslapped" in a debate with him.

He and George Galloway had an epic public debate once. Its on Youtube to watch.

I had never heard of him until I saw your post here.

I just watched the interview by Jeremy Paxman which was interesting, but tainted with sadness due to his illness. I then went on Wiki and found that he had passed away in December 2011.

I just watched the interview by Jeremy Paxman which was interesting, but tainted with sadness due to his illness. I then went on Wiki and found that he had passed away in December 2011.

This is one of his finest in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/LrIHw0fZNOA

Never heard of him? Where have you been? The man is legend.

Probably listening to Wayne Dyer, Napoleon Hill and Jim Rohn. I find all of these interesting. There is only so much time, and so many things to do and so much to interest us. It is hard to understand young people saying they are bored, with all that life has to offer these days. We had a telly with only 2 channels.

You might not have heard of Christopher Hitchens and his excellent debates on various issues. If you want to hear them use your search engine to find Christopher Hitchens' debates.

Although he's somewhat right wing in his politics, I've always found most of his reasoning to be spot on.

---------- Post added 01-07-2016 at 23:07 ----------

Probably listening to Wayne Dyer, Napoleon Hill and Jim Rohn. I find all of these interesting. There is only so much time, and so many things to do and so much to interest us. It is hard to understand young people saying they are bored, with all that life has to offer these days. We had a telly with only 2 channels.

I don't understand people who complain of boredom (regardless of age), I can only imagine what it must be like to have an abundance of spare time and an absence of use for it.

Edited by RootsBooster

His brother, 'the hated Peter Hitchens', is no slouch either. In fact he may be the greater of the two Hitchens brothers.

Watch this interview with the Guardian's Owen Jones and prepare to be surprised. The two get on well and have mutual respect across the right/left political divide. This is the short version, the full interview is also on YouTube -

His brother, 'the hated Peter Hitchens', is no slouch either. In fact he may be the greater of the two Hitchens brothers.

Watch this interview with the Guardian's Owen Jones and prepare to be surprised. The two get on well and have mutual respect across the right/left political divide. This is the short version, the full interview is also on YouTube -

In what way would be the greater of the two?

I know this b an olde thread like

But CH is a very bad man :nono:

Feel better now :D

I know this b an olde thread like

But CH is a very bad man :nono:

Feel better now :D

What makes you say that?

(And if it were true, it'd be "was a very bad man")

The babbling drunk at his best.