Rent controls - good or bad?

just to shut you up read here

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/25/zero-hours-contract-rise-staff-figures but then again you wont believe them

Just to point out that independent research showed that 2/3s of those on zero hours contracts actually want to be on zero hours contracts because they are in full time education or over 65 and it allows them the flexibility they need. I'll dig out a link later but feel free to google.

Just to point out that independent research showed that 2/3s of those on zero hours contracts actually want to be on zero hours contracts because they are in full time education or over 65 and it allows them the flexibility they need. I'll dig out a link later but feel free to google.

no need to google but let me just explain something to you here. the over 65s have probably worked all their lives in a secure permanent position which allowed them to save up and buy their house/provide for a pension and when the time comes to retire can uses zhc to earn a bit of money and get out of the house. on the other hand the ones in education will do it for a bit of pin money (probably live with parents etc) now young people wanting to move out and get their own place will not have a chance in even getting on the property ladder either through renting/to buy their own place no one will lend to them :suspect:

Single story building. Being made into a two story building.

So a bit of both really.

There is no confusion in my mind.

Not now that you've explained.

either through renting/to buy their own place no one will lend to them :suspect:

If they can't afford it now, wait until interest rates rise to 6%-7%, so like I said previously, better earn more or make moves in that direction or accept the inevitable.

If they can't afford it now, wait until interest rates rise to 6%-7%, so like I said previously, better earn more or make moves in that direction or accept the inevitable.

the inevitable being zhc are not acceptable to people wanting to better themselves:hihi:

Of course "earning more" isn't that simple.

Of course "earning more" isn't that simple.

I think the process is really simple once you break it down into the logical stages. If you asked 100 people on minimum wage why they don't earn more, sit back with some popcorn and ready yourself for the torrential downpour of excuses and blame.

It clearly isn't that simple, nor is realistically possible. If it was simple, and everyone did it, then it would just trigger inflation and the new, higher pay, would be irrelevant as prices would go up as well.