TC Harrisons London road

Anyone out there work at tc harrisons on london road / boston street in the 70s.

i worked there 1970 to 74 and then 1976 to 78

mel randall

Anyone out there work at tc harrisons on london road / boston street in the 70s.

i worked there 1970 to 74 and then 1976 to 78

mel randall

Hi mel.you may know my big sis dawn? she used to work in the office?

I knew Chinese Bill who was in the parts dept 70s-80s

I was a customer and remember just one employee. He was Ron Wilman

service manager. He gave excellent customer service and nothing was too much trouble. Those days are gone now in dealerships.

hi melvin i remember you some of the people i remember

pete adams

steve pheasey

ron willman

john wright- stores

reg and terry apprentice trainers

didnt you go to work at bsc stocksbridge

hi david yes i did end up working for bsc stocksbridge then i opened up my own garage in deepcar for around 20 years or so, i,m now living in south lanarkshire. i used to knock about with pete adams not seen or heard from him for years

whats your name and where did you work

mel randall

hi melvin my name is dave hargreaves started work same time as pete adams worked with him in the secondhand sales garage

keith croft was the manager

hi dave i remember you, didnt you end up working in reception the last time i called in, which was years ago

mel

I worked in the office above the spares department on Boston street from 1964-1968. I remember Ron Willman, Ken Oldfield, Keith Mitton, Keith Fawcett, Phil Ashmore van drivers Mick Green and Jackie Mcdermott who was married to mechanic John, Roger Hudson . Jack Selkald and his son Paul , Daryl Lynski. In the offices were Elaine Westnidge Pauline ?? there was a Pat Barker but she commited suicide that was so sad a day that I will never forget. I know a lot went to Shepcote Lane when that opened but some of them might have still been there when you were.

I bought a car there from there from David Simmonite, think he was the sales manager. He opened a pitch just over the road from TC's sometime later. I think a lad called Andre Davies also worked there as a rep, not sure of the date though.

Sorry to go off at a tangent, but - back in 1972 I bought a house at Heeley and when taking up the old floor covering in the kitchen discovered a load of old newspapers. One of them carried a report of T C Harrison himself winning a Grand Prix.

I've no idea now what date the paper was from or indeed if I've remembered the details correctly. Certainly it was a report of him winning a race but was it a GP? Those of you who worked there may know, or anyone else for that matter, did T C Harrison win a Grand Prix?

Just looked TCH 'Cuth' Harrison up on the web before someone tells me to do so and find that although he was involved in GP racing for a brief period around 1950, he never actually either won or had a podium finish. There is a Wikipedia page about him entitled Cuth Harrison.

So it must have been a report of him taking part in a GP rather than winning that I remember.