Roy Hodgson approached by FA.

Roy Hodgson has been approached by FA for the England manager's job, he'll be interviewed on Monday if the BBC is correct.

The FA Chairman Roy Bernstein said:

"Roy is the only manager we have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within the timescale we set out."

I feel that Harry has to be given a chance for the job as he is the stand out candidate. Hodgson's record is impresive but for some reason he has never really inspired me to believe that he could be England manager.

I don't know, I feel uneasy about this as I worry that history is repeating itself with the FA appointing the safe candidate (Ron Greenwood) and ignoring the outstanding candidate? (Brian Clough).

I'm struggling to think of an English manager currently managing with a better record. I don't think he gets the respect he deserves in the UK and Harry has a lot of alleged skeletons in the closet.

Ignore all the flag waving from Sky and Harry's gift of the gab.

I'm struggling to think of an English manager currently managing with a better record. I don't think he gets the respect he deserves in the UK and Harry has a lot of alleged skeletons in the closet.

Ignore all the flag waving from Sky and Harry's gift of the gab.

I read a biography of him and former FA Compliance Officer Graham Bean was highly critical of dealings in the transfer market, mainly at West Ham. Bean would have liked to investigate Redknapp but felt that the FA were reluctant to rock the boat with such a high profile figure. Bean eventually left because he felt he was being prevented from doing his job.

Mud sticks, and no doubt there will be people in the FA with long memories and sharp axes.

The FA were stung by Terry Venables' short stint as England manager, so maybe they're worried that they'll find themselves in the same situation if they appoint Harry Rednkapp.

The FA were stung by Terry Venables' short stint as England manager

That's not much of an excuse since the FA essentially forced him into resignation...

That's not much of an excuse since the FA essentially forced him into resignation...

That's the point that I'm making, that they don't want a repeat of the Venables saga.

Too much negative press and history to appoint redknapp in my opinion, england need a settled english manager with vast experience and tactical nous, hodgson fits the bill perfectly, look what he's done with a mediocre west brom side this season..!!!..COME ON ENGLAND.

Take away all the press saying Hang-Dog Harry is the bees knees and 'the best candidate' and what have you got?

He's won:

Division 3 title

The intertoto cup

The Division 1 (Championship) title

The FA Cup

Woy, on the other hand, has qualified for major international tournaments on several occasions, and almost got Finland into the Euros, and has experienced football as a manager in Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Italy - winning things wherever he has been.

The FA also want someone to be more hands on at their new centre in Burton - and perhaps Roy is the better candidate for that too, given than he (presumably) lives in the Midlands already, and 'Arry doesn't seem to want to leave Bournemouth.

Sorry Spurs, you're lumbered with him.

I think it's the stint at Liverpool that mainly puts people off but nobody knows the situation he was in when he was up there really do they?. The club was pretty much already on a downward spiral for whatever reason prior to him coming in and despite "king kenny" taking over they haven't really done anything since have they?.

I have a problem with the F.A bringing a manager in with only 6 weeks to prepare for the Championships but obviously this is how they wanted to go about business, they wanted Hodgson's contract to finish to avoid settlement fee's and a possible black cloud over the whole situation.

A proven track record with some very big clubs as well as success at International level with limited resources, on paper it shows he can do the business so we will just have to trust in him. When I see what he has done with certain players I'm quite excited to see how he gets big named players playing.

In the printed media's eyes, Harry has two great things going for him.

1. He will accept all their phone calls and give them an easy time in press conferences.

2. He has been at two of their most beloved London clubs. If he'd been at Sunderland and Bolton they wouldn't even be talking about him.

Roy on the other hand has a funny nose and a strange accent. That seems to really matter to the most lazy of writers. The press are going on about Harry being the fans' choice. Not outside London he's not.

Keys and Gray are hammering the press for this on Talksport at the moment...

Redknapp has shown by his handling of Tottenham in the last matches of the last couple of seasons he his lost at the very top,he is a good manager who is recognised as probably the best at rescuing sinking ships and although Englands record leaves a lot to be desired we havent sunk that low yet.Redknap and England ?..never. By the way I am a huge Spurs fan.

Hodgson has been around and is rated very highly among his peers he will do a good job and will be respected in that job,I would leave Stuart Pearce as his second in command and let him learn the job ready for a smooth promotion when Hodgsons time is up.