Which film that you saw exceeded all expectations ?

Kes

The Martian

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I didn't particularly rate the previous two in the trilogy but remember being knocked out when I first went to see it in the 60s.

Easy Rider. Saw it on a comp at its northern premier.

Get Carter. A bit vicious for its time and wasn't Jack supposed to be a geordie? Very entertaining nonetheless.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I didn't particularly rate the previous two in the trilogy but remember being knocked out when I first went to see it in the 60s.

Easy Rider. Saw it on a comp at its northern premier.

Get Carter. A bit vicious for its time and wasn't Jack supposed to be a geordie? Very entertaining nonetheless.

Try "Calvary" (Brendan Gleason) Jim,if you like those sorts of films.Great memorable film!

many years ago .I was off work and it was a boring Monday afternoon and it was peeing it down . so settled down to watch the Monday matinee on BBC2 (in the days of four channels) . watched the film and can remember saying to myself that was a brilliant film . it was maybe a late 50s film and in black and white . the film starred Ernest Borgnine and was called Marty . I found out many years later that it won an Oscar . sorry if that was long winded but for a Monday matinee it was fantastic

Team america,very very funny totally un pc takes the proverbial out of the gungo ho Americans and the infantile north Koreans.In the opening scene the yanks manage to destroy down town Paris in their quest to stop terrorists,must be well over ten years old but still very apt,perhaps even more so.

Edited by choogling

Team america,very very funny totally un pc takes the proverbial out of the gungo ho Americans and the infantile north Koreans.In the opening scene the yanks manage to destroy down town Paris in their quest to stop terrorists,must be well over ten years old but still very apt,perhaps even more so.

:hihi:im so ronery :hihi:

My wife dragged me to a cinema in the early 80's to see a film called An Officer And A Gentleman. I was not impressed by the title and knowing my wife's taste in films I thought I was in for a long boring night. Boy was I ever wrong, that movie is now one of my favourites of all time and I never tire of watching it.

many years ago .I was off work and it was a boring Monday afternoon and it was peeing it down . so settled down to watch the Monday matinee on BBC2 (in the days of four channels) . watched the film and can remember saying to myself that was a brilliant film . it was maybe a late 50s film and in black and white . the film starred Ernest Borgnine and was called Marty . I found out many years later that it won an Oscar . sorry if that was long winded but for a Monday matinee it was fantastic

Marty deserved the Oscar that it got.

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 23:32 ----------

From Here To Eternity.

Marty deserved the Oscar that it got.

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 23:32 ----------

From Here To Eternity.

Yes indeed, Ernest was excellent in both those movies and a lot more too. Great actor

Ex-Machina

Superb film and quite thought provoking