Singing in cars – personal faves?

There was an advert a bit back which had different people singing along to a PUNK ROCK version of ‘What A Wonderful World’ and it got me thinking. What are people’s favourite songs to sing to and maybe dance to while driving a car or even hanging out the passenger side of your best friend’s ride? I like to keep it chilled such as SHEERAN, COLD PLAY. EMILY SAND AND BMTH. Just a bit of foot tapping (on the break when at red lights for example). My friend is a bit of a cyco though and loves the stuff like ‘headbanger music’ which in my personal opinion is just too inappropriate.

What songs do you think are good for dancing to while driving then?

I had the kids in the car on Sunday and Radio 2 played Dean Martin singing 'That's Amore', which I took great delight singing at them at full pelt with windows down.

My singing is terrible so if I were to sing in the car the volume on the stereo would have to be so loud that my levels of concentration would be dangerously low. But I used to drive tractors for a living back when the cabs weren't soundproofed so you could sing what you wanted because you couldn't hear yourself at all. What You Have is Enough by Voice of the Beehive was a favourite. Sony Walkman, massive pack-up and 20 B&H - that was my day sorted. God, I actually really miss that.

Bit of The Killers, particularly read my mind if I want to give it a bit of umph. Bit of the national too, not exactly cheery stuff but I know the words.

That's why radio is still awesome, you never know what's coming - on radio 2,at least. I forget the name of the actual song but it must have been knocking on 25 years old and I still knew the words!

Bit of The Killers, particularly read my mind if I want to give it a bit of umph. Bit of the national too, not exactly cheery stuff but I know the words.

That's why radio is still awesome, you never know what's coming - on radio 2,at least. I forget the name of the actual song but it must have been knocking on 25 years old and I still knew the words!

Was that old song The Hustle ? lol .Nobody could forget the words to that one. :D

Windows down, sunglasses on and belting it out to sweet child o mine by guns and roses, that will do it for me

Edited by GRAHAM F

There was an advert a bit back which had different people singing along to a PUNK ROCK version of ‘What A Wonderful World’ and it got me thinking. What are people’s favourite songs to sing to and maybe dance to while driving a car or even hanging out the passenger side of your best friend’s ride? I like to keep it chilled such as SHEERAN, COLD PLAY. EMILY SAND AND BMTH. Just a bit of foot tapping (on the break when at red lights for example). My friend is a bit of a cyco though and loves the stuff like ‘headbanger music’ which in my personal opinion is just too inappropriate.

What songs do you think are good for dancing to while driving then?

Ed Sheeran and Coldplay are also in the top of my list ! :hihi: You should also try with Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine or something from Red Hot :D

My all-time favourites are Skeeter Davis singing 'The End of The World', and Martha and The Vandellas singing 'Third Finger Left Hand'. Shows my age, but there you are.

my kids loved singing "we're all going on a summer holiday" on the way to cleethorpes .

My Favourite song to just let go and sing a the top of my lungs is - The Weight by The Band, love that song :)

Counting Stars by One Republic or Living on a Prayer