Best places for Advertising

I'm starting a catering business and wondered where people found the best places to advertise?

Best by far to do multi Chanel advertising, some Facebook , print and digital banners would be a cost effective solution to start with, assuming you have a web site of course

I'm starting a catering business and wondered where people found the best places to advertise?

Suggestion

Tesco charity and community day

10th September

make some food sell it at the fayre make a donation to the Sheffield Children's hospital a good way to advertise your business

all funds from the day will go to the Sheffield Children's hospital charity

Hi,

I hadn't heard of this, where is it being held please?

I would suggest leafletting in your local area as a great start.

It depends on who and where your target market is. Here at Business Sheffield we have some great FREE workshops that would help you work out your branding, your key messaging, your target market and your likely best routes to market, as well as how to create compelling marketing material and a website that really works for your business.

If you want to know more call 0114 2245000 or check out the sticky at the top of this page. All the help, advice and workshops are FREE

Twitter. It is a massively underused resource by many busineses. If you'e never used it I'm happy to give some tips. I don't charge - yet.

Twitter. It is a massively underused resource by many busineses. If you'e never used it I'm happy to give some tips. I don't charge - yet.

That's the problem, see bold in the quote. We have found that our target market are not looking at Twitter for a source of information. The buyers were my age (fifty plus) but the younger buyers aren't using it either. We have found they use social media for private use but not business. We realise this does differ depending on your target market. We are business to business too, not targeting domestic market.

Edit - forgot to bold twitter.

We have found they use social media for private use but not business. We realise this does differ depending on your target market. We are business to business too, not targeting domestic market

Have you tried LinkedIn? (business social network).

Have you tried LinkedIn? (business social network).

Yes, I've been on it a few several years as an individual. Some of our target may hang out there, not sure how many potential customers. Our existing customers don't use it. We are planning to activate our business linkedin account. Andrews is going on a training course next month to learn more about business linkedin accounts.

If you're not getting business to business business from Twitter you're probably not using it correctly.