Abandoned outhouse at the back of my property

Hello,

I've owned my house for 9 years and at the back of my yard (behind a wall) is an outhouse with some land which has been taken over by budleiagh trees which I have already chopped down once already. The outhouse is in quite a state with over grown Ivy. I've looked up land registry and written to the registered 'owner' but no reply. I obviously don't want it to get worse because that might effect the sale of my house in the future.

Anyone know what I could do about it? In terms of tracking down the owner or getting possession of the land?

Speak to Jeffrey Shaw, it sounds like you need decent professional advice.

The council deal with neglected land / gardens if they are unkempt.

I've owned my house for 9 years and at the back of my yard (behind a wall) is an outhouse with some land which has been taken over by budleiagh trees which I have already chopped down once already. The outhouse is in quite a state with over grown Ivy. I've looked up land registry and written to the registered 'owner' but no reply. I obviously don't want it to get worse because that might effect the sale of my house in the future.

Anyone know what I could do about it? In terms of tracking down the owner or getting possession of the land?

Speak to Jeffrey Shaw, it sounds like you need decent professional advice.

Thank you, geared.

Yes, it would be unwise to do anything with it unless/until you have acquired it.

Plus: there will probably be easements (= rights benefitting one of the houses and burdening another).

You'd need to eliminate them, too, before any works affecting them- even if nobody now uses them.