Which film got the best reviews but didn't live up to them ?

For me it was definitely La La Land. It was SO disappointing and flat. At the end the audience sat in stunned silence then walked out with long faces. Had we been watching a different film from the reviewers ? :roll:

Definetly La La Land and Birdman, which got the same hype the year before.

I know its a long time ago now but for me its got to be 4 weddings and a funeral, the hype about that film was unreal, but i thought it was shocking, about as funny as toothache.

Edited by GRAHAM F
spelling mistake

I know its a long time ago now but for me its got to be 4 weddings and a funeral, the hype about that film was unreal, but i thought it was shocking, about as funny as toothache.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding could be put in the same category, a laughter free zone.

La la Land and Moonlight. I wished I had space cookies in cinema.

La la Land and Moonlight. I wished I had space cookies in cinema.

Chariots Of Fire

Shakespeare In Love

Amadeus

Just about everything with Meryl Streep in LOL

All of the above gave me similar feelings to what you were experiencing, along with gagging in some of them.

My disappointment was Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 i expected so much more fun and less scenes about feelings from this movie.

Chariots of fire was superb, sorry to disagree. For me Avatar even in 3D was one dimensional

Chariots of fire was superb, sorry to disagree. For me Avatar even in 3D was one dimensional

Chariots of Fire by Vangelis was outstanding, the movie, not so much. Hey if we all liked the same stuff, life would be a drag:smile:

Edited by TORONTONY

Shall I start a thread on films that have exceeded all expectations ?

Shall I start a thread on films that have exceeded all expectations ?

.........no. :)

Absolutely Fabulous - Dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it and there was some very funny moments but i dont feel it was anywhere near as good as what all the reviews said..

Also, and i know a lot may disagree with me, The Revernant, i thought the acting was spectacular and Leonardo definitely deserved that Oscar and Tom Hardy should have gotten one too!! but the storyline just left me feeling a bit Meh......

I havent seen La La Land yet, was planning on watching it this weekend..