Can anyone help my housing MESS

Hi in need of advice and help please...i recently let my daughter stay with me for 3 weeks when she had her baby...now the council recon she's lived here for the past 3 years an sent me a rent bill of £5000 as I never informed them when she moved out....i didn't know I had to as it didn't affect my rent....now everything has messed up and I am now in areas....iv gave them proof of where she lived but there not taking notice....is thee anything or anyone who can help??

Yes Citizen's Advice. There is a drop-in in Pitsmoor near the Tesco. You can also book an appointment but it may take a little longer to be seen.

Hi in need of advice and help please...i recently let my daughter stay with me for 3 weeks when she had her baby...now the council recon she's lived here for the past 3 years an sent me a rent bill of £5000 as I never informed them when she moved out....i didn't know I had to as it didn't affect my rent....now everything has messed up and I am now in areas....iv gave them proof of where she lived but there not taking notice....is thee anything or anyone who can help??

I gather this is a Housing benefit issue?

Yea..been going on since September and still not sorted

Yea..been going on since September and still not sorted

So let me get this correct, you notified benefits when your daughter moved in with you for 3 weeks and then forgot to tell them that she moved out?

If your daughter has lived elsewhere for 3 years then she will have a tenancy agreement, copies of utility bills, bank statements, etc, all showing her living at the other address, so just gather all the proofs together and take it to the council for them to photocopy.