Does anyone remember Faces Nightclub

Can anyone tell me where Faces nightclub used to be, my sister was on about it the other day but can't remember where it was

Guest bostonaire

hi was it at the back of where the genevieve, maxamillions,kiki's etc .... was .....where i think mona lisa's was .charter square or something........right on the corner?

Faces Nightclub used to be on Charles Street. The disco was downstairs and there was a wine bar upstairs.

Monday Night used to be the best night, We used to have water fights with the bouncers and could bring records for Glenda Wilde to play.

Pogo Dancing to Punk Records was dangerous if you under one of the speakers as they were very low!

The club was reincarnated as the Charles Street Underground

I certainly do remember Faces. That is where I met my wife back in 1980.

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

I certainly do remember Faces. That is where I met my wife back in 1980.

Same here in 1979.

Yes, Faces was on Charles Street across the road from Sexy Rexys shop.

yep remember it well,head doorman was roy he was there years....he ended up working at the woodthorpe arms in his twighlight bashing years

Originally posted by stevie1957

?B]Yes, Faces was on Charles Street across the road from Sexy Rexys shop. [/b]

No, it wasn't Sexy Rexys, that was on King Street across from the Centre Spot cafe.

Wasn't that clothes shop called 'Image' or 'Images' or something?

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

No, it wasn't Sexy Rexys, that was on King Street across from the Centre Spot cafe.

Wasn't that clothes shop called 'Image' or 'Images' or something?

As I remember it Sexy Rexys was across the road from Faces. Anybody remember when Colvins was in the Waingate before it moved to the Moor? I used to go to the old place to buy my Ben Shermen shirts and Levi Sta Press.

Originally posted by stevie1957

As I remember it Sexy Rexys was across the road from Faces. Anybody remember when Colvins was in the Waingate before it moved to the Moor? I used to go to the old place to buy my Ben Shermen shirts and Levi Sta Press.

what about tramps on kings street........got a pair of white skinners from there (5 quid) and an harrington jacket from harringtons (6 quid) thought i was the D B's:)

Originally posted by kirky

what about tramps on kings street........got a pair of white skinners from there (5 quid) and an harrington jacket from harringtons (6 quid) thought i was the D B's:)

That brings back a few memories Kirky....Skinners......My harrington jacket lasted for years...it bacame one of my work coats as did my Crombie.

FACES......Went for a job interview there in 1978.......as a DJ....the Manager was a slimy fat very camp bloke in a shiny velvet suit with cream bowtie and ruffly shirt, plus rediculous bri-nylon hair style......(he actually looked like a caricature of Peter Wyngarde, AKA Jason king) we took an instant dislike to each other and the interview lasted for 20 seconds, as I was "not quite what the Club had in mind ducky".....

I was gutted (NOT) and got a job at London Roads Tiffanys nightclub instead..........£15 a night.......FANTASTIC!!!!