Beacholme Holiday Camp Cleethorpes

Does anybody have any 60's/70's memories of Beacholme Holiday Camp in Cleethorpes. I remember they used to have a disco called the Boathouse. Is it still open?

Does anybody have any 60's/70's memories of Beacholme Holiday Camp in Cleethorpes. I remember they used to have a disco called the Boathouse. Is it still open?
I remember turning purple with the cold in the open air swimming pool.:hihi: :hihi:

I remember turning purple with the cold in the open air swimming pool.:hihi: :hihi:

LOL me too. It was lovely when the sun came out though, and the slide into the pool was brilliant. I am easily amused though :hihi: .

My mates parents had a van there in the 80's dont really remember much about it I was only little.

WE used to go every year, I too remember the slide/pool and the market on Sundays lol.

We always stayed in the chalets - I'm surprised they're still standing they were knackered 20 years ago!!:cool:

If I remember correctly they used to have a juke box around the swimming pool. The Health & Safety would go crazy these days, wet people stood around electrical equipment in their bare feet. The nightclub was something else, I remember it billed "International Acts" You know when your career was over if you got a gig at Beacholme..... 'halogen' days!!!! I drove past a couple of years ago, it looked like Auchwitz! Has it closed down?

I remember meeting my first husband there - it's got a lot to answer to in my opinion.

I remember meeting my first husband there - it's got a lot to answer to in my opinion.

He wasn't one of the "International Acts' was he?

If I remember correctly they used to have a juke box around the swimming pool. The Health & Safety would go crazy these days, wet people stood around electrical equipment in their bare feet. The nightclub was something else, I remember it billed "International Acts" You know when your career was over if you got a gig at Beacholme..... 'halogen' days!!!! I drove past a couple of years ago, it looked like Auchwitz! Has it closed down?

No its still open.

Beacholme Cleethorpes - Reight good value................... not :hihi:

i went regular as a kid think it was great but it was a long time ago lol

we used to go about 6 years ago its a laugh actually apart from you cant seem to get anything to eat round there its unreal we were starving lol