Dog friendly pubs

Hi was just wanting to know and pubs that allow dogs in (shes only a puppy) I live in S8 area of sheffield and dont mind walking :-)

The Cross Scythes is really good as is The Blake in Walkley.

Hi was just wanting to know and pubs that allow dogs in (shes only a puppy) I live in S8 area of sheffield and dont mind walking :-)

The brothers arms, near heeley farm. Shouldn't be too far from you :-)

(Previously called the old Shakespeare inn)

There is also this website: http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk/the_pubs.php?searchtown=S8&lat=53.3330347&long=-1.4673305000000028&view=list

Some off the top of my head:

Waggon & Horses (next to Millhouses Park)

The Broadfield

The Beauchief Hotel (just the downstairs bar, which also serves food)

The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow Road (although that'll be a fair old walk!)

Not in your area but pubs I take ours to are:

Ye Olde Mustard Pot (Midhopstones)

The Castle (Bolsterstone)

The Old Horns (Bradfield)

All nice pubs in nice areas!

Might be useful to make a list of dog friendly pubs in/near Sheffield so when people search on the forum they can find it :)

yes it would be really useful to compile a list of local pubs, cafes and places where dogs are welcome. We often go to the Castle at Bakewell, very dog friendly pub/eatery. In Sheffield, we've jsut discovered the Brocco next to Endclife Park where you can sit outside under cover in their heated patio area and we are always made welcome with our welll behaved dobermann. There's a couple of pubs we've used in Matlock too where Jesse is allowed in.

I don't know how up to date it is but there is an App to find dog friendly places, Dog Friendly Britain. Also one called Pets Welcome. Another one called Dog Friendly Directory Sure there are others too, but they are only as good as the info that's posted on them - we could indivdually update these lists to improve the accuracy of their info for others

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 12:34 ----------

There is also this website: http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk/the_pubs.php?searchtown=S8&lat=53.3330347&long=-1.4673305000000028&view=list

Some off the top of my head:

Waggon & Horses (next to Millhouses Park)

The Broadfield

The Beauchief Hotel (just the downstairs bar, which also serves food)

The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow Road (although that'll be a fair old walk!)

brilliant resource! thanks for sharing, if we can update with our own recommendations, this one is going to come in very handy

Edited by katkin

That doggiepubs website is missing lots that I know of - but you can add pubs, so it would be useful if we could all help to keep it more accurate?

http://doggiepubs.org.uk/add_a_pub.php

definitely making a note of this one and yes if we could all take the time to try to add any that arent on the list that would be really useful. You can request some free business cards to leave in vets, pubs and other places to encourage others to add to the list too. Oh and they are on Facebook and Twitter