Boarding kennel suitable for elderly dog

Hello

This is my first ever post on SF :)

I wondered if anyone knows of a good boarding kennel for our lovely old girl? She's 17 years old and while she doesn't have any major health problems, she's a little frail and very doddery. She's quite happy and eats well but her mobility isn't that good

Our neighbours usually look after her when we go away, but she's starting to loose control of he bowels occasionally and we don't want them to have to deal with any mess.

We've never left her in kennels before and so we're a bit anxious about it all. We're looking for somewhere comfortable, warm and friendly and where the owners might spend a little time with her.

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Hi,

Ah she sounds lovely. Would you consider someone coming to stay at your house to look after her rather than putting her in kennels? This might stress her out less as she's never been in them before? Although I am sure there are suitable kennels out there. I provide this live in service so if you would like any more information then send me a message!!

I hope you manage to sort it out.

Ali

I'd second Ali's suggestion over kennels. She's stopping with our two in a couple of weeks when we go away overnight.

I feel so much better about them being at home with someone we trust as one of them especially is a nervous boy & wouldn't cope in kennels.

Thanks to both of you for your replies - not sure why but I didn't expect anyone to respond so soon! I'm very grateful

Live-in service is something to consider as pretty sure it would be the best option for Jess. I have to confess to being a bit apprehensive about someone living in our house though - especially for that length of time. There is actually a family member who could do it and my hubby isn't all that keen on that - so not sure how he'd take to someone else doing it. Ali, please don't take that the wrong way - we're just a bit odd!:loopy:

All I will say is be very very careful of where you put your pooch if you do decide to put her into kennels.

Although I've not used her, there's a lady running Pampered Pets Luxury Home Dog Boarding in Rotherham that seems good in Rotherham (always has great reviews anyway) , that is something in between - could be worth a look if you decide you absolutely can't have a home dog sitter (I understand your apprehensions but with the right person you've nothing to worry about :) )

Hope you get your old lady pooch sorted!!

Hi Pigeon11 when you interview somebody for this post please make sure you check their insurance , crb check and check their references out fully before doing anything any reputable company will be happy with this.We offer this service but we get booked up very quickly and for house sitting i have bookings for 2017 now