Student Placement

Hi,

I'm just wondering is anyone could help me.

I'm currently studying a level 2 veterinary Care assistant course with the Sheffield college and as part of this I have to complete as close to 300 hours as possible I'm a veterinary practice.

Because im still looking for a suitable placement I've been advised to do some volunteer work with dog/cat rescues, catteries, dog walking companies etc. Anything that will provide actual hands on experience with the animals just to do some hours.

Son my question is, does anybody know of anywhere that take a student on? Even if it's only 10 hours a week, every little helps!

I imagine most rescues would be happy for you to volunteer. I know Mill House Animal Sanctuary in Fulwood would appreciate it. As would Netherlands Dog Rescue in Kilnhurst, Rotherham. And BARC.

I think the Retired Greyhound Trust are always in need of dog walkers, although they are at Wortley so depends whereabouts you are. Or there's the Sheffield Cats Shelter? That's in town so should be easy enough to get to.

http://www.sheffieldretiredgreyhounds.co.uk

http://www.thesheffieldcatsshelter.org/work-with-us.php

Rotherham Dog Rescue are always looking for dog walkers. You can walk the rescue dogs Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 1 pm and 4.30 pm. The rescue is on wood lane, brinsworth.

You could help me out at guinea pig shows if you're interested?