Teenagers "walking" a dog in Hillsborough

You own a terrier/dachshund-like, small, black dog? Asked your teen to walk it in Hillsborough area tonight around 8pm? Well, I certainly hope the dog was safe home after its walk...

Saw three totally ignorant teens, one guy, two girls, walking along the Holme Lane tonight, and a dog was trying to keep up in their pace, with leash lagging behind. I understand that keeping a dog off leash is nice in some areas but NOT on a narrow and busy road like Holme Lane. And even off the leash is better than letting the dog drag the leash behind it which is a serious risk.

Not to mention that if you keep your dog off leash you should at least be aware where it is going, what it is doing and if it passes the crossroads safely. These teens tonight had NO idea that they even have a dog with them and they didn't bother to look after the dog even for a second. Crossing a road especially one like Holme lane and letting your dog to follow you after 10 metres, not even paying attention whether its run up by a car or not is just appalling.

So please parents, could you remind your kids what does it mean if you ask them to walk the (hopefully) beloved family dog?

Sounds awful .... but are you sure it was their dog?

Sounds awful .... but are you sure it was their dog?

That's a good point!

I was thinking the same. Are you 100% sure the dog was with them? Were they even aware that the dog was following them?

Sounds more like a dog who'd lost it's owner and maybe decided to make the kids it's new pack?