Reasons why sheffield is a poor relation to leeds

Sheffield is a joke. A god awful city with no prospects of getting any better. The recent documentary on south yorks police shows how inept they are and gives good reason as to why sheffield is such a hole and disregarded by most yorkshire people. Sheffield would be better to be part of derbyshire aand stop embarrasing the rest of us yorkies ;-)

Not a good first post, considering THIS is a Sheffield forum. You`re not staying are you??

The mentality of the "People's Republic of South Yorkshire" still runs rampants in the corridors of power within Sheffield, and so much public spending goes on fashionable lefty causes instead of on making Sheffield a better place for people to live and thrive in.

Hi Mart,

Sorry just being honest, Sheffield is dreadful, if course it's just my opinion, but one based on my wown personal experience. There are many nice people in Sheffield I lived in Deepcar, but in general it's way behind Leeds for quality of life

---------- Post added 09-08-2014 at 13:35 ----------

Hi Mart,

Sorry just being honest, Sheffield is dreadful, if course it's just my opinion, but one based on my wown personal experience. There are many nice people in Sheffield I lived in Deepcar, but in general it's way behind Leeds for quality of life

I live in Rotherham. Some on here talk down about Rotherham-perhaps with good reason? However, it suites my needs (at the moment). It has most of what I want (at the moment). I visit Sheffield often. I’ve been to Leeds, and was not that impressed. Each to their own.

It does seem a bit rude of you to come on to a Sheffield forum and speak of it in the way that you have. What do you feel you have or will achieve? Your opinion is just that, an opinion.

Ps, you posted in the wrong section too, and why are you telling me twice. :loopy:

Sheffield is a joke. A god awful city with no prospects of getting any better. The recent documentary on south yorks police shows how inept they are and gives good reason as to why sheffield is such a hole and disregarded by most yorkshire people. Sheffield would be better to be part of derbyshire aand stop embarrasing the rest of us yorkies ;-)

I used to live in Leeds and I'd pick Sheffield every day of the week. Leeds is a dump! I didn't feel safe at night. It's night life is dreadful, full of students who seem to want to kill themselves drinking every weekend. Puke on the streets. And they've got a dirty football team. Everything about the place is dirty!

Both cities have their good and bad points. Like most places really.

Rotherham??!!?? My wifes from Kimberworth abd that really is the arse end of Yorkshire. You seem fairly educated, why not get the hell out ;-) By the way Leeds is by far the best city in the north, I live in Headingley now, home of cricket, proper rugby and lovely people, where as Sheffield and Rotherham are dole-ites sucking my hard earned taxes

:D

Apart from the fact they're both cities in Yorkshire, they are totally different. As mart said, it's a question of what suits you and meets your needs. Pointless moaning about Sheffield not being like Leeds - move to Leeds instead.

I wouldn`t know what city could be described as the best in the North. I`ve not resided in that many places.

Rotherham??!!?? My wifes from Kimberworth abd that really is the arse end of Yorkshire. You seem fairly educated, why not get the hell out ;-) By the way Leeds is by far the best city in the north, I live in Headingley now, home of cricket, proper rugby and lovely people, where as Sheffield and Rotherham are dole-ites sucking my hard earned taxes

:D

Leeds is full of pikey burglars. Can't get jobs so they rob your house!

---------- Post added 09-08-2014 at 14:15 ----------

I wouldn`t know what city could be described as the best in the North. I`ve not resided in that many places.

The best thing about being in the north is all the space we've got between the cities. The further away from the concrete jungles, the better!

Yes, I must say I do like the countryside. Derbyshire is wonderful whatever the season.