Repairing Cigarette Burn in Car Upholstery

Hey does anyone on here know of a place that repairs cigarette burns in car seats....that idiot brain here did! (no more smoking in the car!)

Its on the back seat of an 04 Fiesta.

Thank you.

Dont know now but I have seen it done if you're a bit brave. Using a craft knife, tease away at the edge of the burn until the melted bits are clear Cut a small piece the size of the damage from a bit of the upholstery that is tucked under the frame of the seat and apply a smalll blob of superglue to the back then slot it into place with a pair of tweezers. Leave it to dry for few minutes. Rub around the patch with something like a pencil eraser until the edges blend in. It may not look perfect at this stage but with a few weeks wear it begins to blend in more and more.

Did you get this sorted? If so where.I have the same problem.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Did you get this sorted? If so where.I have the same problem.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Hi yeah got it sorted. Took it to Bielawski's Sheffield Trimming Co on Beverly Street, just next to what was Don Valley. He cut a patch out where the burn was and re-stitched it. Wasn't cheap, 45 quid if I remember right.

Dont know now but I have seen it done if you're a bit brave. Using a craft knife, tease away at the edge of the burn until the melted bits are clear Cut a small piece the size of the damage from a bit of the upholstery that is tucked under the frame of the seat and apply a smalll blob of superglue to the back then slot it into place with a pair of tweezers. Leave it to dry for few minutes. Rub around the patch with something like a pencil eraser until the edges blend in. It may not look perfect at this stage but with a few weeks wear it begins to blend in more and more.

I wouldnt use superglue to be honest, it reacts with most car upholstery, youll see smoke and it will get very hot.

Better to use a proper glue thats meant for sticking material, something like polystyrene cement.