Reasons why sheffield is a poor relation to leeds

Do you have bars on your windows and doors?

Like most people in Headingley.

You must have visited a different Headingly to the one I know then.

Unless you meant Harehills?

Somewhat offensive.

Why not call him a spaz while you are at it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/play/worst-words-vote.shtml

Slow or late development in someone or something..no, I'll stick with retard.

"Spaz" is derogatory for spastic, is the op spastic? and if so why would I call him spaz on your suggestion?

I dropped the Google Streetview man onto several streets round Headingley and found at least one gated door on each street.

Guest sibon

Try a wander behind the Arndale Centre, or up by the cricket ground.

There have been gated and barred houses there for twenty years. Lots of them.

What does Leeds have that Sheffield doesn't have?

Money..........

Can't believe this thread is still going

Money..........

Does it? The last time I went to Leeds it looked terribly rundown, even more so away from the city centre

To be honest, as someone who is from Leeds, who worked in Sheffield, is now back in Leeds and goes to Sheffield on a regular basis, I have to say it's a case of six of one and have a dozen of the other, Sheffield has some stuff that Leeds doesn't have and vice versa. Leeds is marginally cheaper to live in. Renting in a nice area of Leeds, for example, is marginally cheaper than a nice area of Sheffield, and the S10 and S11 postcodes are marginally more expensive than a good postcode in Leeds for housing. Yes, Leeds has a tidier and "better stocked" city centre than Sheffield with nicer buildings because it wasn't blitzed, and because there are so many offices there it has a buzz, if crowds of stressed out office workers during the week are your thing. In favour of Sheffield city centre, it's definitely got a friendlier atmosphere than Leeds and the bit around Division Street towards the uni with its bars and cafes is also really nice, there's nowhere like that in Leeds really. Also, Sheffield suburbs are nicer, there's nowhere like Broomhill, Sharrow or Nether Edge in Leeds with great little shops and a nice community feel, there's just poncy suburbs like Roundhay and Chapel Allerton which are increasingly full of posers, or places like Headingley which are student ghettos and have a really rough edge and are much worse than Eccy Road.

"Christian Nellemann, founder and chief executive of XLN, has acquired a 14,000 square foot site at North Bank in the city centre, close to where Sheffield Council hopes to revive a riverside business district, and will open on September 9."

A revitalised riverside area would be good.....I'll not count my chickens though.

A branch of Harvey Nichols, a LOT of taller buildings, lots more homeless people... and the Northern headquarters of most banks and insurance houses.