Lord Glasman makes a stinging attack on the leadership of Ed & Ed.

'Blue Labour' creator has criticised Ed Miliband's leadership for having 'no strategy, no narrative and little energy'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jan/04/ed-miliband-leadership-lord-glasman?

Lord Glasman, the man that Miliband appointed to the peerage has made a stinging attack on Miliband's Leadership, but it is also clear that he has equal contempt for the deadwood with which Mr Ed has surrounded himself.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/7547058/lord-glasmans-target-is-the-other-ed.thtml

Cameron couldn't have wished for a better New Year's gift.

Edited by Dingus

I'm not surprised, all I hear when Ed opens his mouth is something about how bad the coilition is doing. He needs to concentrate on furthering his own policies rather than continuously bashing the current government!

Lord Glasman makes a very good point.

all theLabour front bench were members of the government that brought this country to its knees.

Most of them were aquiesent to an illegal attack on Iraq.

Ed stabbed his brother in the back.

Vote Tory

all theLabour front bench were members of the government that brought this country to its knees.

the labour government didn't bring this country to it's knees.

the early conservative shadow cabinet were all drawn from ex-government minsiters that's how these things work.

Ed stabbed his brother in the back.

no he didn't

Vote Tory

i'd sooner kiss a duck than do that

the labour government didn't bring this country to it's knees.

the early conservative shadow cabinet were all drawn from ex-government minsiters that's how these things work.

no he didn't

i'd sooner kiss a duck than do that

I think that was Lord Glasman's point. The party leadership are still desperately trying to deny what the population as a whole knows happened.

Quote from Spectator article..

But if you read between the lines of Glasman’s article it is clear that he thinks someone is holding Miliband back and he drops very heavy hints as to who that is. For instance, the second sentence reads as follows: ‘Old faces from the Brown era still dominate the shadow cabinet and they seem stuck in defending Labour's record in all the wrong ways - we didn't spend too much money, we'll cut less fast and less far, but we can't tell you how.’ If that wasn’t enough of a clue, he adds that ‘Endogenous growth, flexible labour-market reform, free movement of labour, the dominance of the City of London — it was all crap, and we need to say so.’ He could only have been clearer if he had said it was all Balls.

And that is from The Spectator. I don't expect the rest of the media to be so kind.

Edited by Dingus

Edited by Shef_Fitness
wrong thread

New Labour will be unelectable until they get working class people leading the party putting forward policys that appeal to working class people.

but what policies appeal to working class people?

Brown, Prescott, Mandelson, Blunkett and Balls and now Millibore. The mind boggles as to who would ever vote them into power.

Old Glasman certainly has an easy target.

Angel.

but what policies appeal to working class people?

Is it telling them they could pay off all their debts by using a credit card?

I hear that Yvette Cooper is being groomed for better things and Hilary Benn could be a contender.

Is it telling them they could pay off all their debts by using a credit card?

would that appeal to a working class person?