Anyone been to Disneyworld Florida?

Hi, im just wanting some advice. Im not looking to go until next year but pricing up ect at min wheres best place to look for tickets for seaworld, universal, busch gardens ect? and also disney ones, do you need a visa to travel there? any recomendations on places to stay ect any advice would be much appreciated, thanks

I've not been but I'm planning on going next year too, fingers crossed that it works out!

I've got loads of friends that have been and a few have bought their tickets from vendors over there at quite big discounts.

Have you had a look at packages? Virgin do a best price guarantee on park tickets, we're planning on booking a package with park tickets and car hire (which they give you a discount on for booking in package!) they are opening a new hotel on international drive which looks lovely and is a decent price, it's called nv hotel Orlando, 10-20 min from most parks. We spoke to the virgin holidays team in house of Fraser meadowhall and they were really helpful, maybe you could try that! :)

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php

You will find all you need to know here, fantastic site.;) you can ask away to your hearts content but be aware, it is VERY addictive.

It will be our 3rd time this year, always go DIY (flights, villa, car, tickets etc).

It can send you :loopy: if you don't know where to look.

HTH

Do not buy any tickets online or in the UK. More often than not they are more expensive here. There are more "offers" there than here.

Think about using a credit card as it acts as proof of purchase if they get lost. Make sure they are covered by your insurance.

Until recently at least Disney did not discount tickets to retailers and so there were no "savings" to be had. This did not apply to packaged holidays.

Compare the price of season tickets and plan everyday before you go so that you max the benefits of a two day ticket and a combined ticket etc

Its complicated-use this site

If you use a taxi order your own- hotels often charge the driver and the cost is passed on to you.

Check launch times for rockets from the Cape- night launches are spectacular.

Make sure you have medical and dental insurance.

American border controls are really strict-they check everyone and everything.

And it's brilliant!

i would certainly get my own hotel as for $20-30 you can get a motel and they are pretty decent standards

i would certainly get my own hotel as for $20-30 you can get a motel and they are pretty decent standards

How many hours do you get the room for for $20?

There are indeed cheap motels (though I doubt you'll find one for $20 a night - particularly at a busy time near Orlando) but before you commit yourself to a budget-priced motel, make sure it offers the amenities you need. For instance, if you're planning on spending lazy days by the pool, it would help if the motel had a pool - and even if it does have one, it would help if that pool is Open and has the capacity to handle the guests it might expect to get.

I stayed in such a motel last year. It was very good value for money, provided everything I needed (a clean adequately-furnished room with a comfortable bed, a clean fully-functioning bathroom and all the usual trappings.) The motel had a pool (which I didn't need) - but the pool had a capacity of 40 people (450 bedroomed motel!) and was 'out of order'. I'd recommend that motel to somebody 'passing through' or on a very short visit, but it would have been a grim place for somebody on a 2-week holiday.

If you're going on a package deal, then you will get what the package includes. If you are going to book flights, hotels and hire cars separately, are going to spend some time at the theme parks and some on the beach, then you may not want to spend the whole of the trip in Orlando.

You should bear in mind

(a) The composition of the group (by age) and

(b) What you intend to do with your time.

If you're going to spend the greater part of your holiday at theme parks, then Orlando is the obvious place to base yourself. If you want to spend a few days in the theme parks and the remainder on the beach, you might want to consider staying in a Orlando Motel for the days you're going to be at the theme parks and staying on the Space Coast (a 45 minute drive from Orlando airport) for the remainder.

If your party contains a number of young(ish) adults and you are looking for a busy night-life, Orlando would probably be preferable to the Space Coast.

Prices vary with the time of year. Florida is very popular with American tourists between mid-February and mid-April (Spring Break) and there won't be many accommodation bargains at that time. Similarly, if there is going to be a launch while you are on holiday, then accommodation (particularly within about 15 miles of Canaveral) is likely to be heavily booked.

European tourists (particularly Brits) tend to come during the UK school holidays. Accommodation in the areas favoured by those tourists is likely to be in demand - but there may be bargains a few miles away.

If you can arrange your holidays outside Spring Break and not during the UK Summer holidays, you may get a better deal. Disney World is (I understand) busy throughout the year, but some times are more hectic than others.

If you are going to hire a car (any you will probably want to) make sure you have adequate insurance. If the car is involved in an accident and is off the road (irrespective of whose fault) the hire car company won't give you a replacement - and if the car is off the road at the expiration of the hire period, you will be liable for loss of income to the hire company.

IMO; it's a good idea to arrange your car hire including all the insurance cover for the car before you leave. You can walk up to one of the hire car the desks at the airport, but you probably won't get a 'good deal' and you probably will get a salesman trying to pressure you into taking out additional insurance. (You might need that insurance, but that's not the time or place to buy it.)

There are a number of places which offer discounted tickets to the theme parks. They stay in business (and I gather some of them have been in business for a long time) so presumably the tickets are legitimate.

Edited by Rupert_Baehr

You gotta be kidding. Do the management leave a can of Raid in every room? :hihi:

If they did, the 'Palmetto bugs' (euphemistic misnomer for roaches) would beat you around the head with it. :hihi:

If they did, the 'Palmetto bugs' (euphemistic misnomer for roaches) would beat you around the head with it. :hihi:

The roaches are pretty big in Florida. You could saddle some of em up and take a ride around the back yard :hihi:

Hi

Do a search for disney world florida, on here.

I have posted numerous times on peoples posts. Also as another person said, try the DIBB (Disney Information Bulletin Board) for some good advice.

Jayne

I stopped at the All Star Music Resort which is fairly central to all the theme parks. Air conditioned rooms, restaurant, top up drinks and pools. A park pass made things easy when driving. Everyone had an amazing time.

My best tip is if you're staying on Idrive then don't bother with a car, you really don't need one.

That is, of course, if you're only planning to do what Orlando offers.