Asatru, Heathen, Pagan meetings in Sheffield

I am intent on organising and establishing a Asatro (Norse/Olde English Pagan) meeting group in Sheffield, composed of like-minded individuals, to establish a family and professional friendly social, folk and cultural group environment.

I want to know how many Asatru, Heathen, Nordic Pagan, Odinist or Wotanist inclined folk there are on here and around Sheffield.

We could start an independent Sheffield Asatro conference and meeting group with talks and develop from there to establish weekend moots or regular weekly gatherings:

• We could construct a serious and well-organised intellectual Asatro group by using the expertise of local Asatro informed folk such as myself.

• We could invite academics from relevant departments of the University of Sheffield to speak in relation to Philosophy & archaeology, Old Norse & Anglo Saxon history etc.

• We could also work to re-establish authentic re-creations of Asatro or Pagan rituals and religious rites as a group

• We could establish ourselves as a regular social club and cultural group in Sheffield

• We could establish ourselves as an association of individuals, independent of all other religious groups.

• For the ritual or social gatherings there are many ideal places for this, such as the café in Norfolk park or Heeley Millennium Gardens (which also has a White Horse symbol carved into the side of the mound in the centre beneath the wooden artwork construct).

Asatro & the beliefs of our ancestors need to be re-established in this country, it is about time we get organised and start having a real and considerable organisational structure as a spiritual folk group & social network, let Sheffield be the re-birthplace of Asatro in England.

I had last year tried to contact some of the national Pagan groups to no avail, so it is time to organise something directly, if we Heathen, Asatru or Pagan folk want to re-establish our faith we need to organise locally and independently as like-minded individuals within a respectable framework, to attract and appeal to the general public.

Those who want to help restore the spirituality of our ancestral folk should get in contact via leaving a message here/sending a private message, etc.

Edited by Asatru Pagan