Poundshops false advertising ?

I've noticed that the pound shop at the petrol station end of Crystal Peaks sometimes sells items that cost more than a pound, just before Christmas I went in to stock up on betteries and my son noticed an R/C helicopter for £15.

He asked if he could get it because he had a couple of pound coins an aunty had given him, I told him it costs more than a pound, to which he replied "On the sign outside it says everything is £1". I went out and had a look, he's right. He was okay about it, a little disappointed, but I'm sure some children would have had a tantrum or sulked over this. Would this count as false advertising and if ever challenged what would be the likely outcome (if any).

I've noticed that the pound shop at the petrol station end of Crystal Peaks sometimes sells items that cost more than a pound, just before Christmas I went in to stock up on betteries and my son noticed an R/C helicopter for £15.

He asked if he could get it because he had a couple of pound coins an aunty had given him, I told him it costs more than a pound, to which he replied "On the sign outside it says everything is £1". I went out and had a look, he's right. He was okay about it, a little disappointed, but I'm sure some children would have had a tantrum or sulked over this. Would this count as false advertising and if ever challenged what would be the likely outcome (if any).

There was a post on Money saving expert about this and apparently even though they advertise everything £1 they do not have to sell it at £1. Something to do with a clause in the sale of goods act I think. If something is price marked at whatever price, they do not have to honour that price.