Anyone been to Disneyworld Florida?

Pre-kids, my wife (-to-be at the time) and I stayed about a 5 minute walk away from Universal - every day we jumped out of bed at 8am, went to Dennys for a massive brekky and walked over, staying till closing - for 5 days in a row. LOVED it! Then went to Disneyworld, which in comparrison was very disappointing. I don't think we were there a full day. Never got to the other side, like Tampa, Sarasota etc.. drove down to Key West instead for a week via Ft Lauderdale and Miami. Mega holiday!

I went to Florida in November and stayed in All Star Music within Disney, its a perfect hotel if you want you're just using the room to sleep in, with 2 pools and kids activities in the day. I would only stay at Disney because of the fab transport service for all Disney.hotels which goes to every park every 10-15 mins. If you choose to drive you get free parking as a Disney guest but its $15 per day.

I wouldn't trust vendors out there with tickets, they purchase remaining days off other peoples tickets, which means you can only go to certain parks on certain days, also now at every park theres a fingerprint reader which could make it difficult if you are using a pre existing ticket. You'd still get in, but it may cause problems.

$15 a day if you're not staying at Disney*

Pre-kids, my wife (-to-be at the time) and I stayed about a 5 minute walk away from Universal - every day we jumped out of bed at 8am, went to Dennys for a massive brekky and walked over, staying till closing - for 5 days in a row. LOVED it! Then went to Disneyworld, which in comparrison was very disappointing. I don't think we were there a full day. Never got to the other side, like Tampa, Sarasota etc.. drove down to Key West instead for a week via Ft Lauderdale and Miami. Mega holiday!

Sounds similar to where we were. We stayed at 4 points hotel. Really nice.

We went in Florida and it was still hot, well not hot, just humid. Took totally the wrong clothes, only need shorts and t shirts. They always go on about outlets and shopping there, but i wasnt convinced. We just wanted to spend most days at swim parks. If you havent got kids dont bother with disney so much as universal was more to our taste!

Oh and I out on 8 pounds after 2 weeks thanks to loads of pancakes!! :)

Oh if you dont drive and are staying on I drive and wanting to go to disney, prepare for lots of travelling. We went on 7 buses and a boat in one day just to get to typhoon lagoon..

Edited by *Ryan*

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php

You will find all you need to know here, fantastic site.;) you can ask away to your hearts content but be aware, it is VERY addictive.

It will be our 3rd time this year, always go DIY (flights, villa, car, tickets etc).

It can send you :loopy: if you don't know where to look.

HTH

Good to see a fellow dibber :D

Good to see a fellow dibber :D

Hi, :wave:

I've been a member since 2006 and don't know what I would have done without it, I doubt there's any question that can't be answered (over and over again:hihi:).

I've never actually stayed in Disney it's self but i heard the rooms aren't too nice, very small ect, but I think it's because people don't spend too much time in the rooms, being out all day the rooms are just good enough to crash after a full day of walking.

Anyhow Disnyworlds like being back in England, more Brits than Yanks there, all the good homes around that area have been bought up by Brits too.......

The British are comming, The British are coming :hihi: HELP!

We've stopped at I-Drive...Quality Inn...bit of a dissapointmet, but ok for the location....a private villa in Kissimee....beautiful, and this year were stopping at Disneys Old Key West resort....never been, but reviews are excellent.....

Jayne

I've never actually stayed in Disney it's self but i heard the rooms aren't too nice, very small ect,

Disney hotel rooms are very good for what you pay. Myself and my partner have stayed in a Disney hotel two times, three this Sept: Disney All Star Music - Value, Disney Coronado Springs Resort - Moderate and Disney Port Orleans Riverside - Moderate.

Value resorts are cheaper and cater for people who have kids but we still had a great time and would stay there again.

The rooms consist or two king size beds or one queen size, breakfast table and two chairs, seperate bathroom with toilet, bath tub and shower with a sink outside of the bathroom along with t.v, coffee, phone etc...

The themeing of their (Disney) hotels are the best i've ever seen, so much thought is put into why something is there and there is ALWAYS a reason why it is there. It is never put there for the sake of it. The resturants are very good too, Victoria & Alberts located at the Grand Floridian Resort and Yachtsman Steakhouse located at the Yacht Club are excellent and require a dress code to enter. I understand that a dress code does not mean the food is great, but wait till you try the food !

You want a small room then head over to the 192 in Kissimmee or International Drive and find a cheap motel.