Pubs chain bans swearing

All these tales of sam smiths beer being awful belong in the distant past, today sam smiths make a good range of beers,stouts and lagers of all strengths,sold on drought and in bottles.In my local, taddy lager is only £2.30 a pint and beer is less than two quid a pint.According to the manager the pub has constantly made a profit since he took over seventeen years ago despite having no tv,juke box or background music,the pub relies on selling good beer to survive no other pub in the village has remained open under the same management longer,they must be doing something right.

I agree. There's a few near me and very much older people's pubs. But the ale and food is good and nicely priced. The organic lager is decent too.

All these tales of sam smiths beer being awful belong in the distant past, today sam smiths make a good range of beers,stouts and lagers of all strengths,sold on drought and in bottles.In my local, taddy lager is only £2.30 a pint and beer is less than two quid a pint.According to the manager the pub has constantly made a profit since he took over seventeen years ago despite having no tv,juke box or background music,the pub relies on selling good beer to survive no other pub in the village has remained open under the same management longer,they must be doing something right.

Totally agree! I can remember in the 70's and 80's Sam Smiths beer was dreadful stuff, tasted like drain cleaner, but nowadays I think it's some of the best beer around. My favourite is the Oak Cask beer and about £1.90 a pint. It's just a pity there aren't a few more of their pubs around.

It's just a pity there aren't a few more of their pubs around.

There's a good map here:

http://www.jamesgretton.co.uk/samuelsmiths/

I was really surprised to see so many near me. For some reason they don't advertise their brand outside the pubs, no logo or name - just the pub name. I drive past two every day to work and never knew they were Smiths pubs.

There's a good map here:

http://www.jamesgretton.co.uk/samuelsmiths/

I was really surprised to see so many near me. For some reason they don't advertise their brand outside the pubs, no logo or name - just the pub name. I drive past two every day to work and never knew they were Smiths pubs.

My local had its brewery identity removed from the outside quite a few years ago,but on the inside the name of the brewery is proudly etched into some glass room dividers.

i believe the clash played there for their first show outside of london? supporting the pistols

Been listening to The Clash tonight.

Edited by JNewton69

Well you can't smoke, you can't swear . No wonder pubs are closing down !

Plus supermarket booze is a damn sight cheaper. Which suits me. Might nip in a pub if I'm out in the sticks for a swift refresher as long as it's not crawling with kids.

Humphrey smith is at it again ,this time banning a bikers group,looked middle to old aged from one of his pubs in ully.

He was allegedly overheard on the phone asking a prospective new employee if they were English.

He was allegedly overheard on the phone asking a prospective new employee if they were English.

What ? In England, how dare he?:hihi: