UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU

if Cameron backs down from his refusal to pay this to the EU then it really does show that we need a sweeping change in the UK and theres only one candidate party that can sort it out:o

the bedroom tax as you call it is not a tax, its a levy on unused council housing and if you want the luxury of having an extra room then you should pay for it and in any case the levy goes straight to the council involved not central Gov.

correct , but sadly the benefit claimants expect the rest of us taxpayers to pick up the tab for their spare rooms. If they want spare rooms fine, but they can pay for them themselves.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 14:29 ----------

News Flash! there's gonna be a sweeping change next year when this lot gets outed. Anyhow call it what you will levy or tax, if your happy paying it do so, anyhow I would love to know where you lived so I could send my kids round to trick or treat and later carol sing, CACHING, you sound like a right mug.:hihi:

And replaced by who. ? Labour have about as much chance of winning the next election as the BNP because they have a leader who is the best election tool the Tories could have.

sorry?? i think you are under the impression i am liable for this levy?? no! sorry private and own outright thanks so i can have as many empty rooms as i want:hihi: sending kids out? to top up your benefits eh to pay for your"bedroom tax".

you are right though there will be sweeping change when the muppets of this conservative party and the Labour party get a bloody nose from UKIP, you can be sure this latest demand from the EU of 1.7bn will be the final nail in the establishment coffin..............time for change

correct , but sadly the benefit claimants expect the rest of us taxpayers to pick up the tab for their spare rooms. If they want spare rooms fine, but they can pay for them themselves.

What a surprise! Beavis agreeing with Butt-head.

---------- Post added 25-10-2014 at 14:29 ----------

And replaced by who. ? Labour have about as much chance of winning the next election as the BNP because they have a leader who is the best election tool the Tories could have.

Sorry, but I just had to laugh when you used the word tool.

What a surprise! Beavis agreeing with Butt-head.

That would be funny, if it hadnt come from Ralph Wiggum.:hihi::hihi:

That would be funny, if it hadnt come from Ralph Wiggum.:hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi: I am making notes, gimp27, and your name will go on the list. After the revolution you will be brought to account.

As far as I understand this adjustment in how much countries contribute to the EU is made every year and has been agreed upon by all the member countries. The Office for Budget Responsibility expected this rise and George Osborne and Treasury officials knew the precises amounts that are being asked for 2 days before Cameron.

Which begs the question why Cameron is making such a song and dance about it this time. :huh:

I wonder if it has anything to do with an election being on the horizon and his desire to appear strong in his dealings with the EU.

A couple of other points. A couple of years ago the UK contribution fell substantially. In 2008 the UK got a £4.9bn rebate plus £4.5bn of payments to farmers and the social fund. We can't happily accept the rebates one year then bleat about extra payments the next.

Secondly the CBI puts the value of UK membership of the EU at between £62bn and £78bn. Whether you agree with the CBI or not is up to you.

As far as I understand this adjustment in how much countries contribute to the EU is made every year and has been agreed upon by all the member countries. The Office for Budget Responsibility expected this rise and George Osborne and Treasury officials knew the precises amounts that are being asked for 2 days before Cameron.

Which begs the question why Cameron is making such a song and dance about it this time. :huh:

I wonder if it has anything to do with an election being on the horizon and his desire to appear strong in his dealings with the EU.

A couple of other points. A couple of years ago the UK contribution fell substantially. In 2008 the UK got a £4.9bn rebate plus £4.5bn of payments to farmers and the social fund. We can't happily accept the rebates one year then bleat about extra payments the next.

Secondly the CBI puts the value of UK membership of the EU at between £62bn and £78bn. Whether you agree with the CBI or not is up to you.

The reason he is bleating about it is because he needs to be seen as standing up against the EU.

I've been wondering about this little fact: Who supplied the EU with the data on the British GDP?

Pretty simple this one.

That's international politics for you. Remember when they stitched up Blair on the EU rebate?

Remind us, was that the £4billion a year EU rebate that Thatcher won for us?

And was it the same £4billion a year EU rebate that Blair willingly handed back to the EU?

And all that Our Tony asked for, when happily handing back that £4billion a year EU rebate, was for the French to vote for Our Tony as EU president, and also ask the French farmers not to be so greedy in future?

And we all know how that turned out, didn't we? :roll:

Is that the £4billion a year EU rebate you're referring to?

Was Our Tony really stitched up, or is he just really that foolish?

The reason he is bleating about it is because he needs to be seen as standing up against the EU.

I've been wondering about this little fact: Who supplied the EU with the data on the British GDP?

Pretty simple this one.

Yeah. Its all stage managed to make him look strong on Europe. All this to take the electorates mind off a funny man named Farage.

What an absolute mess UK politics is at the moment :(

:hihi::hihi: I am making notes, gimp27, and your name will go on the list. After the revolution you will be brought to account.

:hihi::hihi:it wont be the first list im on:hihi::hihi:

Im with the camp that says a lot of this is just mock outrage and has been known about. Both the EU and the UK Govt are manouvering.

Remind us, was that the £4billion a year EU rebate that Thatcher won for us?

And was it the same £4billion a year EU rebate that Blair willingly handed back to the EU?

And all that Our Tony asked for, when happily handing back that £4billion a year EU rebate, was for the French to vote for Our Tony as EU president, and also ask the French farmers not to be so greedy in future?

And we all know how that turned out, didn't we? :roll:

Is that the £4billion a year EU rebate you're referring to?

Was Our Tony really stitched up, or is he just really that foolish?

is something wrong?