R.I.P Jack Bruce

Jack Bruce, bassist and vocalist with Cream has died.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/oct/25/jack-bruce-former-cream-man-dies-aged-71

Too young to see Cream live but saw him with Tony Williams Lifetime at the City Hall and his own band at the University.

Still play his solo album "Songs For A Tailor" quite a bit - although for me his finest work was on Carla Bley's "Escalator Over The Hill" where his playing and singing was exceptional.

Rock legend :(

Sadly missed.

Rip,he lived a crazy life,not surprised liver failure got him in the end.

Got quite a few records with him on, not just Cream but with people like Robin Trower as well. Sad to read but I seem to remember they said he'd already been in a pretty bad way before Cream had their reunion a few years ago. R.I.P.

Sad news, Jack Bruce was one of my all time favourite bass players. I remember watching cream live when I was in my early teens, I loved the riff to sunshine of your love had all their albums, which my mother duly gave away along with my Hendrix, Pink Floyd & Zeppelin albums when I left home. Happy Days.