Does anyone still listen to tapes?

I'm poor and taking umbridge to slowly updating my music collection onto cd.

I'm just realising that a lot of my favourite albums are on tape.

why should you have to pay for an album twice just to update formats? I don't recall seeing a warning sticker saying that this format may soon become obsilete.

We still have a few tapes at work that we listen too once every so often. They always sound like they're playing slow as well :?

Obsolete means it won't work anymore. The word you need is 'superceded', but given that CDs were emerging in the late eighties, I'm not sure you can claim you didn't see them coming ;)

I didn't see the hot Macdonalds cofee or apple pie burning me either :)

I don't actually have a tape player any more.

Earlier this year I was sent some training material from work which was on a tape, and I had to ask my dad to lend me a tape player to listen to it on.

I have hundreds of tapes most of my old fav albums are on tapes, i even still buy (if i can order them) new albums on the good old Lp as i love the cover sleves and i admit im no fan of cds.:gag:

I still have loadsa tapes but don't listen to them at all as the only tape player in the house is a 'ghettoblaster' belonging to my kids !!

About 6 years ago I bought a CD/Minidisc system for the lounge which was the latest thing but then MP3's came in and Minidiscs never took off after that!

:(

Yes in the car!

Especially first thing it the morning, Anything rather than listen to Antonia Brickhead on Radio Sheffield. THough it could be worse that Canadian or is it American that can't relate to anything that goes on around South Yorkshire.

I recently got an mp3 recorder so I'm in the process of copying all my cassettes over onto MP3. Only downside is that you have to copy them in real time:mad:

i have a tape player on my stereo (it is an old one though).

i have loads and loads of tapes, i was really in to happy hardcore in my younger days (please feel free to take the p***) and used to buy the massive packs with 8/12 casettes in. Not listened to them for years though.

I was actually listening to a mixed tape this weekend that my mate did for me for my 18th. Brought back fond memories.

ive got a load of old hardcore tapes like uprising , helter skelter and vibalite and various pop music tapes e.i now thats what i call music ect ect they have been in a bokk in the attic for the last 6 years and ive just got them down to put them on cd hopefully. when i was younger i remember my mothers record player but i noticed they were less and less available as i went into my teens. and thats what will happen to tape players. im starting to feel old now remembering stuff like this i remember my mums records playing like it was yesterday she used to have abba, carpenters and my sisters had bananarama, kylie and jason donovan.:thumbsup:

Every time I went on holiday it was a rule that you had to buy a tape in the motorway services as that was then your 'holiday music'. :) I've got stacks of old tapes, both bought and copied; I used to tape stuff off the charts every Sunday and I've even still got all those.

I always have tapes in the car, much less risky than having CDs or your mp3 player in there. And then when they chew up you can just sling 'em in the back.

What about old 4-tracks though? My dad had loads of those, he even has a car stereo somewhere that will play them, pulled out of an old Cortina he had.