Recommend me a 2-1 Latop

And ideally not a surface - theyre too much money for me, and not anything Apple because Im done with itunes quite frankly. Ideally Windows but I could be converted to Andriod and I need a SSD.

Ive seen lenovo and asus and a dell. Any to look at or avoid?

an Android laptop is pointless, "i'm done with itunes" had nothing to do with choosing apple or not, just cause you have an apple machine, doesn't mean you MUST use iTunes... (which is also available on the PC btw)

I guess it depends on your usage, what will you be doing / using it for? simple browsing or more?

Recommend me a 2-1 Latop?

Is Windows 2.1 still supported by Microsoft?

You wouldn't get i-Tunes to run on it anyway.

an Android laptop is pointless, "i'm done with itunes" had nothing to do with choosing apple or not, just cause you have an apple machine, doesn't mean you MUST use iTunes... (which is also available on the PC btw)

I guess it depends on your usage, what will you be doing / using it for? simple browsing or more?

In tablet more presentations and that sort of thing (product catalogues are a series of jpegs - the iPad works well for that but updating through iTunes is a proper faff) in PC mode emails, a bit of invoicing, some browsing too but I'd really like near instant availability of stuff like a tablet. It won't be on all the time so I'd like to turn it on and have my stuff quick!

I'd like something, if such a thing exists, that I can stuff a SIM card into and get online with 4g.

CopyTrans is an iTunes alternative.

Edited by Jomie

Is this too much?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/asus-transformer-3-pro-t303ua-12-6-2-in-1-black-10146456-pdt.html

It's about half the price I paid for my Surface with similar spec. I've not used or seen one so you'll have to do some homework on it.

As for adding a SIM, Apple seem to be the only real player in this market. Maybe a 4G dongle or mobile router?

http://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/convertibles/thinkpad-x-series/X1-Yoga-1st-Generation/p/22TP2TXX11Y

Not sure of your budget. But it has sim card slot. Never used one.

Have used a Surface which I liked for drawing straight into Photoshop but it did get hot. Not sure whether I would ever buy one though.

Is this too much?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/asus-transformer-3-pro-t303ua-12-6-2-in-1-black-10146456-pdt.html

It's about half the price I paid for my Surface with similar spec. I've not used or seen one so you'll have to do some homework on it.

As for adding a SIM, Apple seem to be the only real player in this market. Maybe a 4G dongle or mobile router?

That's one I've been looking at. I don't need TBs of storage so I'll investigate further. Shame about the lack of SIM slot though.

---------- Post added 04-07-2017 at 11:26 ----------

http://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/convertibles/thinkpad-x-series/X1-Yoga-1st-Generation/p/22TP2TXX11Y

Not sure of your budget. But it has sim card slot. Never used one.

Have used a Surface which I liked for drawing straight into Photoshop but it did get hot. Not sure whether I would ever buy one though.

The drawing bit would be a nice addition, and one I'd possibly use but I'm not sure I could justify the cost.

Hello,

Lenovo Miix 3 would be a good choice. Runs windows 10, dual core chip, 32gb expandable memory (with memory card) , 2gb RAM, quite cheap. Laptop/tablet. Hard docking stations makes it look like proper laptop, also docking station has proper sized USB ports (tablet is equipped with micro USB only, but you can use OTG cable). My sister has it, loves every bit of it.

There was another one I saw today at Drakehouse retail park was about £250, sorry can't recall make but it was a known make.

Edited by iansheff