How to watch downloaded programs on a ipad

I downloaded some programs from BBC iPlayer to watch when on a flight but it wouldn't open when I tried it, can anyone tell me what I have to do to get it to play? Its a IPad Air 2. Thanks alan p.

If you have iPlayer installed on the iPad, then you should be able to watch them through the iPlayer app - otherwise, you will need to play them once while in a WiFi area as it will need to acquire the license to play them (lasts 28 days from first play)

Hello Ghozer thanks for replying, a friend has just told me they had the same problem so uninstalled iPlayer app then re installed it and now its working ok on planes. Thanks again. Alan

There was a bug in the downloading bit of the app which was fixed a few days ago.

Had the same problems myself (didn't discover it until I was in flight). The iPlayer app would close as soon as it was opened (not sure if it had something to do with flight mode).

As soon as I landed and connected to UK internet the app opened fine and I could watch it again

Thanks all, Its all running ok now alan p.