Anyone been to Cosmo's in Town?

So everybody is mentioning this new buffet style place in Sheff city centre but I want to know if anyone has tried it and if so what are your thoughts ?

Apparently it is 15 pound a chuck per head for a Sat evening which I personally think is pricey as I know many restaurants where you can get 2 maybe a 3 course for 25 to 30 quid anyway for two people.

By the time you and the missus have gone, had a few rounds of drinks its gunna be around the 50 quid mark, 50 quid for a buffet ?????

Think I would rather pop down the road to the Zing Vaa and have a cracking meal as always with waitress service at around the same price or less for the two of us.

Anybody been can advise me otherwise please

RM

Where you going for a two-three course restaurant meal for two people on a Saturday night? Sorry forgot to say for 2 people for £25-£30.

Edited by scottcross
not finished

Where you going for a two-three course restaurant meal for two people on a Saturday night? Sorry forgot to say for 2 people for £25-£30.

Nandos?

(is that really a restaurant though?)

I've not been to Cosmo so can't comment on the OP but I thought the whole "buffet" thing was 5 years ago and people had got sick (sometimes literally) of lukewarm, lowest common denominator food.

I'd rather spend a bit more for a proper meal.

Nandos?

(is that really a restaurant though?)

I've not been to Cosmo so can't comment on the OP but I thought the whole "buffet" thing was 5 years ago and people had got sick (sometimes literally) of lukewarm, lowest common denominator food.

I'd rather spend a bit more for a proper meal.

Here speaks a man who is clueless :)

Doncaster have had a Cosmo for a good while and have every type of food (as much as you can eat)to cater for even Sheffields biggest wingers!

Try it before knocking it!

of course if your misus is only worth a fiver then pop down to the chippy and share a bag of chips!!

Here speaks a man who is clueless :)

Doncaster have had a Cosmo for a good while and have every type of food (as much as you can eat)to cater for even Sheffields biggest wingers!

Try it before knocking it!

of course if your misus is only worth a fiver then pop down to the chippy and share a bag of chips!!

All you can eat, classy!

All you can eat, classy!

is that the best you could do? :hihi:

Cosmo is an upmarket buffet the choice and quality of food is what you pay for it is better than any buffet I have ever been done .

Problem is people expect michekin starred food in a buffet and the reality is yoyre not going to get that, but for £15 the quality and choice is good. for the same price you would get a 3 course meal of same quality. Difference at Cosmo is choice and quality of choice. for £15 you get sushi , dim sum and prawns and scallops most places don't offer that. it is a good deal. posh taybarns!

Ubuffet on west street is £15 but if you been cosmo then you wont pay £15 for ubuffet as it is standard deep fried Chinese food of below average quality. go to both and u will see difference with Cosmo.

Japanese buffet in chesterfield is good for price

All you can eat, classy!

at lunch it is £7 .99 and it is not about the amount of food you can eat but to try small amount of different dishes

So everybody is mentioning this new buffet style place in Sheff city centre but I want to know if anyone has tried it and if so what are your thoughts ?

Apparently it is 15 pound a chuck per head for a Sat evening which I personally think is pricey as I know many restaurants where you can get 2 maybe a 3 course for 25 to 30 quid anyway for two people.

By the time you and the missus have gone, had a few rounds of drinks its gunna be around the 50 quid mark, 50 quid for a buffet ?????

Think I would rather pop down the road to the Zing Vaa and have a cracking meal as always with waitress service at around the same price or less for the two of us.

Anybody been can advise me otherwise please

RM

Must admit I have not been and I am not that bothered about going to buffet restaurants in general so cannot comment on the quality but assuming the quality is good then I would say that is a cheap night out. I am not sure where you would go for a decent three course meal for £12.50 - £15 per head in fact you would struggle to get a main course for that price at anything like a decent restaurant let alone 3 courses . And as for the drinks you would still have the same issue at a non Buffet restaurant to factor in to your night out .

I found it to be meh.

I'd rather go across the way to Piccolinos and pay a few quid more for something made specially for me, than something catered for the masses.

I found it to be meh.

I'd rather go across the way to Piccolinos and pay a few quid more for something made specially for me, than something catered for the masses.

As Would I but you are then looking in the region of £30-£40 for 3 courses per person

Quality over quantity any day. Though I'm a super picky eater. Never ate the hot lunch at school and always brought my own in since I couldnt stomach the mass catered meals, even at a small age.

BTW pizza express offer three courses for £13.75 fri-sun:

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/offers/get/5721/#offershow

So you need to look around if you want a cheap meal out.