Channel breached

It now seems whats been happening between Libya and Italy is now starting to happen in the channel,it was only a matter of time and will get worse,its been on the news this morning that French fishermen are bringing them over for 1000€ each,how do we stop it?

Well 'the' incident that has been all over the news was 2 British guys bringing a group of Albanians.

Well 'the' incident that has been all over the news was 2 British guys bringing a group of Albanians.

Saw that,I'd have bet my savings the 2 guys were ex immigrants with British citizenship but how wrong was I.

Saw that,I'd have bet my savings the 2 guys were ex immigrants with British citizenship but how wrong was I.

Do you have any reports of the French fisherman ferrying immigrants across the channel?

Arh, thats why I haven't seen this yet then if it's a new story.

Flipping Cheese-eating surrender monkeys!

(Mods, please not this is a pejorative term, not racist and it was first said on The Simpsons pre watershed)

I don't see it becoming a big thing. There isn't the corruption and criminal infrastrusture in France to supply all the boats and lifejackets and every boat which approaches Britain is monitored.

Remember how difficult it was for us when we did the same to France in 1944?

I don't see it becoming a big thing. There isn't the corruption and criminal infrastrusture in France to supply all the boats and lifejackets and every boat which approaches Britain is monitored.

Remember how difficult it was for us when we did the same to France in 1944?

We had a navy then though. I dont know if its true, but I read there is only 2 ships patrolling our sea borders.

We had a navy then though. I dont know if its true, but I read there is only 2 ships patrolling our sea borders.

We also have Trident :thumbsup:

We also have Trident :thumbsup:

Haha, I don't think a Nuclear equipped, Vanguard-class submarine is designed to take out a 10ft dingy.

This has literally been going on for decades. Anybody who doesn't believe that should wonder where all the illegal immigrants in garden sheds are coming from. It just proves that the idea that we can 'protect' our border because of being an island is in fact the complete opposite. Unless you want Trump to come and build a wall all around Britain of course.

It is also relevant to note that the Channel is a lot shorter than some of the Lybia/Italy crossings and that there are pleasure yachts mooring all over the islands. I have several friends who sail to the UK from the Netherlands for fun, for racing and so on. They have never met a border-control person, ever.

Get down to Walmington-Upon-Sea and form a Home Guard unit. Don't panic, Cap'n Mainwaring!

The truth is that illegal immigration can be greatly reduced if there is the political will to do so. There isn't.

The fact that the Border Farce have only three working boats tells you all you need to know about pie face Cameron's attitude, no matter what he may say in public.

The public want immigration reduced, the politicians and big business do not.