Finding a house number

I have a name - Noel Hookham and a road - Chene Road, Wimborne, Dorset, but no house number. The elections department in Dorset Council won't tell me or even pass a letter on for me! Does anyone know how to find a house number from a name???

Why not just address the letter to the person at number unknown name of street.No doubt the addressee gets other mail so the postman will know where to deliver it.

I have a name - Noel Hookham and a road - Chene Road, Wimborne, Dorset, but no house number. The elections department in Dorset Council won't tell me or even pass a letter on for me! Does anyone know how to find a house number from a name???

Your local library will have the electoral role, if they are on it.

Does Central Library have the electoral roll for other areas?

Why not just address the letter to the person at number unknown name of street.No doubt the addressee gets other mail so the postman will know where to deliver it.

This ^^^^^

A quick look on streetview shows it's not a very big road - the postie will get it to the right person.

Don't forget the postcode - BH21 2AH.

Postal sorting Offices have people who's job it is to make sure letters without proper addresses get to the right place, they deal with all sorts from unintelligible handwriting to no address at all, apparently they can usually find the right recipient.

I think you have more than enough information, just put the name of the recipient the road name and the postcode you'll they'll get it there.

That looks good..

Thanks for all your help!! Unfortunately it seems that Noel Hookham died in 2006!! Have found his widow Pauline living at Rowbarrow Close, Poole, Dorset, but guess what - no number! The free electoral roll search doesn't necessarily include it!!

Credit to Royal Mail, I recently received a large package addressed to me by name but without house number, street name or postal code just the suburb and Sheffield. Was only one day late. Rowbarrow Close has about 50 houses so shouldn't be too hard to deliver to right one. I'd bet neighbours would try to redirect if they could.

Thanks everyone. Pauline Hookham died in 2009 so at the end of the line!! Make sure you all compile your family history while everyone is still alive as eventually there is no one left to ask anything of!!!