Going to Thailand late April best places to visit please.

Hello

I'm taking my partner to thailand end of April to celebrate his 40th.

Flights are booked but still no sure on where I'm staying.

Here was my plans.

Staying in Phuket for 5 days (unsure where so any advice greatly appreciated ?

I was thinking maybe patong as I like the bars and stuff but I really like beaches too.

Then after 4 days I was getting the ferry to phi phi island

Here we will celebrate his birthday for 4 days.

Then I thought to move on somewhere else maybe Krabbi I'm still not sure for 4 days then back to Phuket for 2.

Now I have never been to thiland before so all advice would be greatly appreciated the most important thing is that we find a beautifull place for the birthday duration.

Help!!!

Hello

Here was my plans.

I was thinking maybe patong as I like the bars and stuff but I really like beaches too.

Then I thought to move on somewhere else maybe Krabbi I'm still not sure for 4 days then back to Phuket for 2.

Now I have never been to thiland before so all advice would be greatly appreciated the most important thing is that we find a beautifull place for the birthday duration.

Help!!!

fantastic place to go, Patong is now a bit shall we say like blackpool but still some nice areas and good bars, there is a fabulous restaurant up on the hill to the right, cant remember the name but it looks over \patong bay, not cheap but great service and food.

Phi Phi islands when i went 20 years ago was idyllic, sugar soft white sand clear blue water and unspoilt i dont know what its like now, i understand there are quite a few hotels there now, when i went there was 2 bars.

i havent been to krabi, we were due to go a week after the Tsunami but it was cancelled, but i reckon it will be great. last time we went was Koh Samui which was fantastic, dont worry pretty much anywhere you go will be lovely, the people are so nice and kind, its safe even in Bangkok and the food is the best, its still quite cheap. pm me if you want any other info.

i cant wait to go back again anywhere in Thailand , Chang mai next and Hau Hin

Wow yes that's pretty much just how I pictured it to be.

I have trawled the Internet in search of the right things to do and where to go.

Do you think my plans seem ok then?

Is th re anything you would change for a first time traveler.

I want to see the elephants and the James Bond beach and the monkeys.

?

You've already decided what you are doing. Why consult anybody else.

You've already decided what you are doing. Why consult anybody else.

That's not very nice I haven't booked anything other than the flights as I have said.

They are the places that I have sat and pondered about for hours.

I'm just asking for advice I thought that was what this forum was for?

What's your budget per day.

Phuket doesn't have the nicest of beaches and is aimed at a younger crowd than you, I would cut down to a couple of days.

Phi phi is beautiful, as is Koh Tao. My favourite place is Chang Mai in the north of the country. Are you flying to and from Phuket then?

Phuket doesn't have the nicest of beaches and is aimed at a younger crowd than you, I would cut down to a couple of days.

Phi phi is beautiful, as is Koh Tao. My favourite place is Chang Mai in the north of the country. Are you flying to and from Phuket then?

Yes Dubai to Phuket there and back.

So can I get to these other places from Phuket?

Thanks

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 19:25 ----------

What's your budget per day.

Don't have 1 really

£50-80 maybe

How long are you going for? The train to Chang mai will take about 7 hours I think, I got a bus that took 13, but it's well worth it.

The three big islands of samui, phanghan and tao are all in a row and not far from krabbi. Bangkok is ok, possibly worth a visit to see the Palace.

Hello

Here was my plans.

Phuket is a large island, so there's quite a bit of variety.

I stayed in Patong for 5 nights, personally I preferred the previous spot which was here

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/resort-phuket?facilitator=GOOGLECHAP&csref=se.bmm_thaphkpw_AP-RB-Phuket-thaphkpw-br_Soft.brand_Plaza.Resort.Phuket.Panwa.Beach_Broad

Help!!!

Not sure I'd want to move that many times, but it's up to you.

You can take day trips to a lot of the islands, we went to phi phi for a day.

And also on an inland temple tour.

Wow yes that's pretty much just how I pictured it to be.

I have trawled the Internet in search of the right things to do and where to go.

Do you think my plans seem ok then?

Is th re anything you would change for a first time traveler.

I want to see the elephants and the James Bond beach and the monkeys.

?

just remember that Phuket is a little away from other places about 1.5 hrs to bangkok by plane, once on the mainland you can drive to Krabi, you can drive to other places to, but chang mai is a fair way.

for a first time traveller i would say book the first couple of nights in a decent hotel to get your bearings, Kata Beach is Nice nr Patong and in Patong try paradise beach hotel on the hillside, then you can get a feel for cheaper places.

james bond beach and the the beach from the film"the Beach" are worth seeing take a boat trip.

elephants are in the rose garden Bangkok and other places.

just remember to haggle in all markets but not food as its very cheap, try the street food and the pancake stalls....can taste it now:D Thailand is the land of smiles give respect and they will do anything for you with a smile, not false either

I have a fair idea where the best places are for all the bald,pot bellied,fifty something short blokes who make the trip to Thailand.:hihi::hihi: