Recommend me a linux laptop, please!

Thanks again everyone for your helpful suggestions and advice. It seems like an awful lot of messing around getting Linux to work with UEFi and dual boot alongside Windows. Not impossible, just quite a bit of work.

I've got it working now, with Ubuntu. At some point, I'll get a dedicated Linux laptop (and migrate my crypto stuff over to it). In the mean time, I'll try out a few flavours of Linux, and see what's the best fit for my needs.

Also, noticed some netbooks have non-HDD storage; for example, the netbook I linked to in the OP, has eMMC. How robust is that, compared with a regular HDD or a SSD? What's the most robust (least likely to fail) option for storage?

Also, noticed some netbooks have non-HDD storage; for example, the netbook I linked to in the OP, has eMMC. How robust is that, compared with a regular HDD or a SSD? What's the most robust (least likely to fail) option for storage?

From experience I have had 3 or 4 Flash drives and 2 SSD drives fail on me but that has been over a several years. To date I have had only one physical platter drive fail but that was because I dropped it :mad: I think you will find that the most reliable drives are the physical platter drives, and I even have some that are the old IDE drives which and are still functional. Laptop drives also are a bit more sturdier and can take a bit of a knock and one of the reasons I suggested to use one in a USB caddy. Not much up on eMMC but on reading up they seem a cheaper option and are also much slower than other SSD drives.

Main thing like all drives make sure you do regular backups just in case.

I've had more physical drive failures than SSDs (several to one).

But I do HAVE more physical drives, so perhaps that makes sense.