The Sheffield gay scene part 2

Thanks for the info. I thought it was a bit hard to track it down!

hi ive not been to climax in years can anyone tell me if it a) still exists and b) worth the effort? many thanks

---------- Post added 08-12-2016 at 18:17 ----------

sorry ive just seen the previous posts...

honest question here , I know of LGBT but recently ive seen LGBTI and LGBTQ . can anyone tell me what the additions are ?

honest question here , I know of LGBT but recently ive seen LGBTI and LGBTQ . can anyone tell me what the additions are ?

I believe the I is for 'Intersex' and the Q is for 'Queer'.

Q stands for 'Questioning' in fact, i.e. not yet decided but probably not straight!

---------- Post added 21-02-2017 at 21:53 ----------

I know it looks like a bit of alphabet soup. I prefer the term 'people'.

Q stands for 'Questioning' in fact, i.e. not yet decided but probably not straight!

---------- Post added 21-02-2017 at 21:53 ----------

I know it looks like a bit of alphabet soup. I prefer the term 'people'.

It does also stands for Queer, as the link jamesogt shows.

thanks for the answers but I always thought queer was a derogatory term, such as the N word

thanks for the answers but I always thought queer was a derogatory term, such as the N word

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queer

"Originally meaning "strange" or "peculiar", queer came to be used pejoratively against those with same-sex desires or relationships in the late 19th century. Beginning in the late 1980s, queer scholars and activists began to reclaim the word to establish community and assert an identity distinct from the gay identity. People who reject traditional gender identities and seek a broader and deliberately ambiguous alternative to the label LGBT may describe themselves as "queer"."

Hey,

My Brother and his partner (of 6 months) are visiting me in Sheffield next week for a few days and I was curious to know of any places to visit or even perhaps avoid when they arrive?

I've not lived in Sheffield too long myself and if truth be told I've not done much research into whether Sheffield is going to be acceptable for them to come to or not. I'll be honest, I am ignorant myself but have started opening my eyes to Gay culture now, but I was hoping for your opinions on the best places to go to (with them both) and best places to avoid. I understand that there are still some extremely narrow minded individuals out there that would love to pick a fight with either of them for holding hands or kissing publicly for instance.

Thank you very much, Kevin.