The Banner Cross Pub

customers must have all been in the back yard then, every time I walk past there's no one in!!:hihi:

Maybe it was much busier 6 years ago, when the post was made?

Edited by nikki-red

Yeh they've killed that pub, its like a Yates bar since the 'refurb'... shame theres no pub on Psalter lane these days either ...

Yes awful re fit.

I think its ideal for certain occasions. If I want to meet friends in a clean pub, with a good selection of good quality, good value drinks and either sit in a beer garden or watch some sport, it's ideal.

It seems too noisey , what with 10 massive tvs and tacky pop music on full blast... plus all the old oak pannelling has been painted over with cheap emulsion.. it was a nice country style pub that needed upgrading, but has beenturned into a cheap chavvy Yates-style pub instead..

Edited by WestTinsley

It seems too noisey , what with 10 massive tvs and tacky pop music on full blast... plus all the old oak pannelling has been painted over with cheap emulsion.. it was a nice country style pub that needed upgrading, but has beenturned into a cheap chavvy Yates-style pub instead..

The Noise is what I don't like either I like a pub with an atmosphere but when I went in it felt like everyone was shouting at each other.

Have to be honest. Its not my sort of pub.

First time in there for a quiet pint, some gutter tramp was hollering at the jabber box

Second time I went in there having hunted for a flat all evening, I walked directly to loos, mid way, some fellow shouts at me Whatcha up to eh?

I went to the bar to order a drink and the landlady looked like she,d rather be anywhere else. Quel surprise.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 20:23 ----------

The Noise is what I don't like either I like a pub with an atmosphere but when I went in it felt like everyone was shouting at each other.

You,re right. It's to stop imbeciles thinking of breaking each heads.