The Writers' Group introduction thread.

Hello,

I'm a writer and actress, based in Sheffield. I write mainly stage plays and am just venturing into film scripts. I perform with my partner as Capo Ferro Ensemble, and we write our own material. I also co-host a radio show called Communities Live! on Sheffield Live! radio, and we are looking for short sketches (about ten minutes) or stories to record and broadcast, so if anyone has anything that might be suitable for transmission, with a Sheffield theme if possible (but not essential), then please email it to me at: cassons@hotmail.com.

Your email bounces....

Hi I am new to the forum but enjoy writing. I am a keen reader my favourite genre being horror/thriller novels. My aspiration is to get some of my writing published one day.

Hi,

My name is Matt, I'm 32, and I am writing a spec TV pilot. I have no experience in writing to this standard, have no clue how the industry works, all I know is I can see my work on the small screen. I have a full season of eight x 1hr episodes planned out, and I am focusing my time and energy into completing the pilot.

Would love to know of any writing classes or get together's to discuss ideas, experiences, knowledge sharing etc. I feel this would be the best way for me to begin networking and work my way into finding professionals who would read my work and offer constructive notes and directions of where it could potentially go.

I have just sef-published my autobiography and would like someone who does not know me to read it and provide a review. Is there anyone this group could suggest please.

Hello, I’ve recently come to live in Sheffield and hope to engage with writers and readers here. 

im very interested in sharing reading experiences - but I am a published author of non fiction.  I’d be very happy to share my experiences of writing.

My web site has a few more details: www.christopherhalemedia.org

I hope to hear from you Regards Chris Hale

Hi

I am originally from Sheffield but, after living in various places, now reside in the Pennines between Manchester and Huddersfield. I have written 2novels, both unpublished, hundreds of poems and many short stories. 

I belong to a local writing group which included several members but is now down to three.  (Online at present of course.) Looking at the postings it would seem that the same thing has happened on here?  I have been involved with various groups which provided much needed constructive criticism for my  submissions.  Sadly these outlets seem to be in decline everywhere for some reason.

Can anyone let me know if this group is still fully active and would provide me with truly impartial comment?

I look forward to hearing some positive replies.