Staff free meals

What planet are you on school dinner expensive. Kids get a full dinner,pudding and drink for £2.35

When I was at school school dinners were horrendously bad. I can't imagine anyone wanting one even for free?

It's not free though, somebody has to pay for it and that's both the parents who pay for school meals and the council who pay for meals for families on the dole. If I was a parent I wouldn't be wanting to pay for the dinner lady's lunch lol.

Many poor parents get free school dinners, its the tax payer ;)

Sedith may be you should go into a school now and have some food. When we go back to school after the holidays I will be cooking sausage and mash with broccoli and carrots the hot pudding is bakewell tart all cooked fresh on site. Tuesday I'll be cooking hunters chicken with baby sweetcorn and for hot pudding it's chocolate sponge and custard all made fresh on site.

What management are getting millions running a school lunch service?

I make a generic reference to management.

Come on, Its not really that hard to understand, :huh:

Sedith may be you should go into a school now and have some food. When we go back to school after the holidays I will be cooking sausage and mash with broccoli and carrots the hot pudding is bakewell tart all cooked fresh on site. Tuesday I'll be cooking hunters chicken with baby sweetcorn and for hot pudding it's chocolate sponge and custard all made fresh on site.

Nothing like that when I was at school. It was mostly slop dished out like a prison meal.

I remember one dish which was called cheesy pie, yuk ... which consisted of mashed potato and cheese in a crusty pie.

Can't imagine they'd let go and sample the school dinners which are being served up today though.

The school I work at has a taster evening once a year and we give out samples of all the food we cook on site.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 23:22 ----------

We still do cheese pie but mainly for the teachers as they love it.

The school I work at has a taster evening once a year and we give out samples of all the food we cook on site.

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 23:22 ----------

We still do cheese pie but mainly for the teachers as they love it.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pm me the recipe for school cheese pie - the one with the pastry base. I'm salivating now....