Walking group for the over 50's. North Sheffield?

Hi everyone.

I am looking for a walking group for my Pa. He would like to make new friends in north Sheffield. He loves walking so a walking group would be ideal.

Thanks in advance Samantha.

Hi everyone.

I am looking for a walking group for my Pa. He would like to make new friends in north Sheffield. He loves walking so a walking group would be ideal.

p.s I have posted this in the walking forum but it seems very quiet lol.

Also are there any meets for men over 50? a bit like us women have for a bit of a natter, or perhaps to go for a pint? ;)

Thanks in advance Samantha. :)

What about a group for men over 25! I could do with a few friends too!

I don't know if there any specific walking groups in north Sheffield, but the Council run a series of Health Walks, near the bottom of the page is a link to the current programme of walks, which take place every week.

Sheffield U3A has started a walking group in the North of Sheffield, send me a PM and I will send you the contact information

Sheffield U3A has started a walking group in the North of Sheffield, send me a PM and I will send you the contact information

Sent you a pm :)

I think the walking group are probably out walking this weekend! No doubt you'll get some response soon when they wend their way back to their PCs. :)

The forum walking group has a very wide range of ages (and abilities) who attend. plenty of variety in walks too, and anyone is welcome to join for all or even part of the walks.

Hiya

Nearly every regular in the walking group is out at Castleton this weekend camping and doing a Summer Solstice walk.

We regularly get walkers over 50 coming on our walks but at the same time we also get all the ages from 9 to 70 as well.

Keep a look out for any upcoming walks that are posted on here and if your Dad fancies coming then just post on the thread to let everyone know. Lifts are usually arranged via PM for anyone who needs them and more often than not we all exchange phone numbers so that no-one gets lost on the day.

We walk every Sunday and a description of the walk is usually posted a week in advance.

If you want to get a flavour of our recent walks take a look at my photos here

I think the walking group are probably out walking this weekend! No doubt you'll get some response soon when they wend their way back to their PCs. :)

The forum walking group has a very wide range of ages (and abilities) who attend. plenty of variety in walks too, and anyone is welcome to join for all or even part of the walks.

They are indeed all out this weekend camping it up ;) in Castleton for the Summer Solstice. I've been left holding the fort as it were :)

Bigthanks, I've replied more fully here

Hiya

Nearly every regular in the walking group is out at Castleton this weekend camping and doing a Summer Solstice walk.

We regularly get walkers over 50 coming on our walks but at the same time we also get all the ages from 9 to 70 as well.

Keep a look out for any upcoming walks that are posted on here and if your Dad fancies coming then just post on the thread to let everyone know. Lifts are usually arranged via PM for anyone who needs them and more often than not we all exchange phone numbers so that no-one gets lost on the day.

We walk every Sunday and a description of the walk is usually posted a week in advance.

If you want to get a flavour of our recent walks take a look at my photos here

Thank you ever so much! Really appreciate it :)

Fingers crossed we can get my pa out walking with you guys soon! Thanks again x

One of the mainstays of the Walking Group, a fine fellow most say, is also over 50 and from North Sheffield, so your pa will probably have quite a lot in common with him :)

Age is no barrier with this Group though, in fact it quite riles some us when we read about walking groups for certain ages, surely in this day and age you wouldn't have thought that it would be allowed to have say 20-30's groups etc, but it seems to take place still, for some reason.

What we have in this group is a healthy balance of all ages, not to mention all types of people. We have families, single people, couples, people with dogs, anybody and everybody is welcome.

More to the point perhaps is that most weeks we have walks that are within the capability of most people. 6 - 10 miles on average, at a steady pace, with lots of stops.

Tell your Dad to pm me if he is a Forum user for my phone number if he wants more details, or pm me yourself if he isn't.

Not sure about north Sheffield, but Foothills on Edgedale Road, S7, does them. Never been myself but the shop is great with very good staff so I suspect their walks would be good. Worth giving them a bell - 0114 258 6228 .