Is it possible to 'think' a dream?

Yes I know I have some random thoughts.

But is it possible to 'think' about something when drifting off to sleep, which subsequently 'prompts' a dream on that subject?

I all honesty, I rarely remember the subject of my dreams, or they fade quickly after waking. But as I've got a little older, my dreams seem to get more intense, and I remember a bit more of them. I certainly know if they've been 'nice' dreams or 'awful' ones.

Anyone any thoughts?

I can do that and frequently use it as a method to fall asleep.

I can do that and frequently use it as a method to fall asleep.

So you never have 'bad' dreams?

So you never have 'bad' dreams?

They are my favourite! :evil::headbang:

But genuinely - let's look at dreams - I have dreams I fall asleep to, but they are only the first of a whole set. If I recall well tests have shown that we have at least 5 different 'dream' episodes during a night sleep.

But is it possible to 'think' about something when drifting off to sleep, which subsequently 'prompts' a dream on that subject?

I all honesty, I rarely remember the subject of my dreams, or they fade quickly after waking. But as I've got a little older, my dreams seem to get more intense, and I remember a bit more of them. I certainly know if they've been 'nice' dreams or 'awful' ones.

Anyone any thoughts?

Hmmmm...dunno.

I know at least two people that swear blind if they repeatedly think of the time they want to wake up then they do wake up at that time..

Hmmmm...dunno.

I know at least two people that swear blind if they repeatedly think of the time they want to wake up then they do wake up at that time..

I do that but its not the same as thinking a dream and I think more to do with the body clock. When practising Lucid dreaming you can try and trigger a dream and then take control by thinking about it before sleep. I have had many like that and also can rejoin a dream after waking up, going to the bathroom and then going back to sleep.

Maybe Pete could try it and see if it works but just to trigger a dream.

I do that but its not the same as thinking a dream and I think more to do with the body clock. When practising Lucid dreaming you can try and trigger a dream and then take control by thinking about it before sleep. I have had many like that and also can rejoin a dream after waking up, going to the bathroom and then going back to sleep.

Maybe Pete could try it and see if it works but just to trigger a dream.

I did quite recently have an episode where I woke from a not very nice dream, and actually got up and had a wee and stayed awake for half hour of so, almost afraid to go back to sleep because the dream I'd had was horrible. I didn't want to go back to it, yet I couldn't remember exactly what it was about. Anyway, after half hour I went back to bed and drifted back to sleep only to have a continuation (I think) of the same dream!...I gave up sleeping that night !

I did quite recently have an episode where I woke from a not very nice dream, and actually got up and had a wee and stayed awake for half hour of so, almost afraid to go back to sleep because the dream I'd had was horrible. I didn't want to go back to it, yet I couldn't remember exactly what it was about. Anyway, after half hour I went back to bed and drifted back to sleep only to have a continuation (I think) of the same dream!...I gave up sleeping that night !

Ever had a bad dream and in the dream you tell yourself it's a dream...then wake up? They're weird...

Ever had a bad dream and in the dream you tell yourself it's a dream...then wake up? They're weird...

Not really...As I said, I don't remember too many of them with any sort of clarity...I guess it's possible...But I can't recall an instance.

I dream of winning the lottery when asleep, but during this time the numbers have never come to me. Sadly.

Angel1

Anyone any thoughts?

You can in the same way its possible to go back to the same dream if you go back to sleep thinking about it.

Sometimes I can reach a state of being sort of half awake and half asleep where I can control what I do in a dream, and they are good dreams. I often do think how fascinating it would be if you could record your dreams and play them back.