Sheffield housing!!

Does anyone know Any ways to get priority on housing list because it seems impossible to get a place!!

apparently you make a career choice when 16 if you are a female and get up the duff and make yourself homeless !

Yeah not really an option im afraid bcus im a 21 year old guy haha

Does anyone know Any ways to get priority on housing list because it seems impossible to get a place!!

i dont no how old you are but i think you are learning you carnt always get what you want (Rolling Stones)

But even if you get up the duff or up the creek it wont guarantee anything but if they do offer you some accommodation because of the above it wont be much good it will have been turned down a few times by other people

Put immigrant or battered ex partner of a drug dealer on the application form.

you need to find yourself in an impossibly desperate situation where you have no choice but to go and declare yourself homeless at howden house. they will then place you somewhere close to hell for a period of time (but at least it has a roof) and then if your lucky you might get a high rise in gleadless valley or similar. you wont have a choice or it will get taken away. again, its a roof...

dont give up, keep bidding and you will get offered something .i got offered a 1 bed house!!!! and it turned out to be a studio bungalow (i am 40 odd), and i am in a 1 bed flat wanting something bigger so kids can stay over lol, i turned it down and complained to them for false advertising, good luck though :huh:

Read the lettings policy on the council website. If you think you fit any of the priority criteria then tell them. If not good luck bidding!

Even with priority it can take months and months, as a single person you need to bid on bedsits and 1 bedroom flats, you have no chance of being offered any other type of property.

Well its me my fiancee and our baby and because i have a job it means i need to have another 15 kids before they let me on any sort of priority list.

No chance pal.

Squat.

Occupy.

Protest.

Vote accordingly, remember the homeless can still exercise their right to vote.

Register in Hallam and vote loony. The Loonies can get their first victory in Hallam!

Well its me my fiancee and our baby and because i have a job it means i need to have another 15 kids before they let me on any sort of priority list.

you are able to bid on 2 bed houses, flats and maisonettes so just keep bidding every week religiously, good luck to you and your family :D

Wrong wrong wrong - i have an acquaintance who was able to get priority housing through three individuals who sorted it for them despite them already having adequate housing provision.

All questions relating to the reasons as to why a second social house should be provided when the waiting lists are so stretched have been fended off by data protection. (I did eventually get a response in august to a complaint made in April after MP intervention ) and it turns out (according to <removed>) that the chief execs e mail wasnt working.

Contact housing and <removed> tell them you want the same conditions and terms as the occupants of Shiregreen Lane and they should sort you out in accordance with their equal opportunities policies.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
personal names removed