Council rented garage

can anyone advise me as to how to get a garage to rent from the council .

i am looking to swap to a ground floor maisonette in batemoor, and there is a row of garages mostly empty underneath, they are not offered with the property (so the housing dept have told me) and i have been told there is a waiting list for them , bit daft when i will be hopefuly renting the maisonette directly above it

any advice much apreciated thanks

You've no chance, the waiting list on garages is longer than the waiting list on a 5 bedroom house all with en'suite in totley.

Same with allotments

You've no chance, the waiting list on garages is longer than the waiting list on a 5 bedroom house all with en'suite in totley.

Same with allotments

oh dear that bad eh? thanks anyway lol

I applied for a garage when I rented at batemoor. was told there was a long waiting list....... got offered one 4 days later

can anyone advise me as to how to get a garage to rent from the council .

i am looking to swap to a ground floor maisonette in batemoor, and there is a row of garages mostly empty underneath, they are not offered with the property (so the housing dept have told me) and i have been told there is a waiting list for them , bit daft when i will be hopefuly renting the maisonette directly above it

any advice much apreciated thanks

sorry there is a huge waiting list for garages you need to put your name on the list have a look round see if you can find one thats not being used you can tell those that are not in use usually grass growing round botton of door and gravel and weeds piling up by the door . try the lock if it aint got one use it. ot ask some of the tenants above if they use their garage and rent it off them lots of flats and maisonettes come with garages

you need to contact the local housing area office and put your name on the list for a garage. Waiting lists vary from area to area